We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM and maximum amount a day

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Topic
ATM and maximum amount a day

What's the maximum amount one can take at a time and per day from an ATM in pesos?

Does EZE have an ATM upstairs coming from customs? I would prefer not to take money downstairs

thanks

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,502 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

In most cases you can withdraw approx 1000pesos per transaction. You can resinsert your card as many times as you wish to obtain the maximum which your home bank will allow per daily transaction. For each transaction,you are charged approx 16pesos.

The ATM machines are located after the customs area in the arrival area near the Banco de la Nacion.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

Thank you very much! When you say customs, is that inside and behind the glass doors or crossing it, next to the taxi ofice windows lite tienda leon?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,502 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

There are windows for Banco de la nacion inside the glass doors, then the ATM is outside the glass door in the arrivals hall where TAXIEZE is located.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

Oy!

That is my concern! I don't want to get money outside the glass doors, with 2000 eyes watching! I wish it were ATM, not bank for money exchange, inside the glass doors.

They think of everything huh?

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

The area of Banco de la Nacion is secure....not to worry. You can access the bank before you exit - or there is another window after you exit - the passengers only area.

This is a major airport with good security (as long as you do not try to take a taxi from outside the airport itself). We have been to this airport 10+ times - often changing money etc. - and never felt the least bit uncomfortable. We are as cautious as we are in our home airport or any European airport, but not in any way fearful. Your caution and preparedness is good, and I hope it will not not prevent you from relaxing and truly enjoying your trip; including your arrival.

~Marnie

Edited: 31 August 2011, 23:58
buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

I think that using an ATM machine at the airport would be one of the safer places to get money. I'm always concerned about using ATMs in the city. I've never had a problem.....but. I never use a bank machine, when banks are closed. I think that the safest place to get money is from ATMs in supermarkets.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

I agree, I usually do it at the Vilage Recoleta. But I have arranged to reserve a remis at Tienda Leon, using cash, since I didn't want to give my card info. I think I am going to pay with debit. I have this thing about taking money in an airport, maybe I am wrong. Thank you for your help

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
765 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

Like the others, I wouldn't worry too much about taking money from the ATM machines. I lived there for 7 years and took out large amounts of money every single day and never had any issues or problems.

I think as long as you are practicing basic common sense when taking it out you will be ok. It's easy to get paranoid before going to a foreign country but I've never had any problems taking out money from ATM machines in Buenos Aires or at the airport.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

We didn't know the maximum allowed was so low compared to home and tried taking out 1400 pesos. The machine said it was too much. We ended up choosing 800 pesos and finally got some cash. I checked my bank account a few days later and found that the 1400 pesos as one transaction and 800 pesos as another was debited from my account without getting the cash from the 1400 pesos transaction. Now I'm told it could take up to 50 days to investgate.

Edited: 09 December 2011, 20:57
Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ATM and maximum amount a day

300 dollars is the Max amount

I used to take about 1000 pesos from any reputable bank and the rest I'd use my debit

And it worked fine

I hope it helps