We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Hotels

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
60 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
BA Hotels

We are going to be in BA over the New Year's Holiday. We arrive early on Dec 30 and we are taking a cruise on Jan 02. We are considering two 'hotels'... Europlaza Hotel & Suites at 327 Montevideo (B&B) and Trianon Residences in Recoleta (Apt).

We thought Europlaza would work for us because of their proximity to the 'subway' station, more central location for sightseeing and TA good reviews. The Trianon Apt also has TA good reviews and is in the 'recommended' Recoleta area, but it does not seem to have good public transporation connections.

What do you think? Should we forget about being near 'subway' stations and just do taxis everywhere? How do you think the New Year's holiday period would affect transportation and sightseeing?

Thanks.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,895 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Hotels

I definitely , of the two, would pick the Trianon Residences. Strictly based on location.

The Subte doesn't get you everywhere, so you will still walk and take taxis buses, so I would go for location and not base it on where the Subte stations are.

It will probably affect your touring, quite a lot of places are closed on NYE and New Years Day. Taxis are harder to get at night on the holidays too.

Staying in Recoleta is good, you can walk to a lot of sights and enjoy the feria on the weekend.

Be prepared for hot weather .

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,557 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Hotels

I don't know anything about Europlaza but based on location, I agree with Scarlett.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
552 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Hotels

Definitely go to the Trianon. The apt's are huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND it's convenient to bus lines!!!!!

Cheers, Ronnie

Level Contributor
60 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Hotels

Thank you so much for the feedback... we appreciate it.

5. Re: BA Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:18