We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the most luxurious bus from Retiro to Mendoza?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
What is the most luxurious bus from Retiro to Mendoza?

Hi TA!

Last time I travelled this route with CATA INTERNATIONAL Royal Suite and absolutely loved it!

Is there any other company that is more luxurious? Or is Cata the best??

Thanks!

Yesi

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the most luxurious bus from Retiro to Mendoza?

First class are all pretty similar, we thought the Andesmar were slightly better but we chose based on departure and arrival times.

London
Level Contributor
508 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the most luxurious bus from Retiro to Mendoza?

I thought the food on Cata was awful. Andesmar - great vegetarian food, cosy separate 'first class' - it felt like 1st class on a plane

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the most luxurious bus from Retiro to Mendoza?

Thanks for the responses.

Besides the food, did you feel the suites in andesmar were newer looking than cata's suites??

I'm asking because from the few pictures I can see online Cata seems nicer and newer?? I took Cata and loved it, but everyone raves about andesmar, so I thought I'd get some opinions.

I don't want to get a bus that looks old and I much rather leather seats than. Cloth ones.

Thanks again

Yesi

Edited: 05 December 2011, 05:09
London
Level Contributor
508 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the most luxurious bus from Retiro to Mendoza?

Yesi

I booked Cama suite on both buses. Andesmar's Cama suite was downstairs and in a separate area away from everyone else. The seats were fully reclinable, wide leather seats. The cabin had low lighting with reading lights, TV and headphones etc. We had a wonderful waiter and the wine/champagne and food was much better than on Cata. It really felt like travelling on a first class flight.

5. Re: What is the most luxurious bus from Retiro to Mendoza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2012, 10:18