We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

I just got a check in the mail for $85.67, the amount of foreign currency transaction fees I could document. Hopefully the check is for dollars not pesos.

I received information in the mail a couple of years ago from a law firm about the suit and gathered up all the receipts I could find and dutifully put them in the mail thinking I would never hear any more from the group bringing the suit. I guess they won....Maybe, just maybe, the foreign transaction fees will be abolished.....More likely the fees will simply be called something else.

Meanwhile, I plan to buy several bottles of Luigi Bosca Reserva Malbec and Celebrate!

Edited: 08 December 2011, 20:10
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

Congratulations Dr. D,

I filled out the same forms a couple of years ago. I will keep a check on the mail to see if any Dollars show up.

Enjoy the Malbec

Salud!!

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,206 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

Perfect use of Manna from Lawyers !

3. Re: Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2011, 21:21
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

I had totally forgotten about signing up and sending my receipts in - we got 2 checks on Monday. Nice time of year for surprise checks in the mail!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
374 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

silly question perhaps but what were the banks doing? is this different to the ridiculous transaction fees one is charged every time they withdraw money here (even when the atm belongs to your own bank)?

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

Teamflames,

"This lawsuit involves claims that the settling defendants Bank of America, Capital One, Chase and HSBC and the non-settling defendants Discover, Citibank and National Arbitration Forum violated federal law ....."

http://www.ccfsettlement.com/

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

I couldn´t believe it when I received a check from the Huntington National Bank for US$1,307.11. II´d like suggestions about cashing it in BA,. U.S. dollars? Pesos?

8. Re: Foreign Currency Transaction Class Action Suit Settlement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2012, 10:19