We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
434 reviews
Save Topic
La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

We have been passing La Payuca at Arenales 3443 for a month, now. Every time that we go by we look at their executive lunch menu @ $45AR. Today, we decided to give it a try.

The menu has several choices including steak, a grilled vegetable platter, chicken, pasta, schnitzel, & more. A choice of beverages are included.

My husband ordered the bife de chorizo with fries. I ordered the grilled vegetable platter. We each ordered a glass of red wine. The wine was a good quality table wine & the quantity was generous. The waiter brought half a dozen freshly baked dinner rolls that were very good. The steak arrived & was tender and rare. The vegetable platter was enormous! It included potatoes, squash, zucchini, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, sweet potato & mushrooms.

The eggplant could have been cooked a little longer for my taste.

Otherwise, the meals were both delicious.

There was a $10AR table charge per person. As we enjoyed the dinner rolls so much, my DH asked if, we could take them home.

The waiter came back with a bag that contained our rolls & another half dozen for good measure! What a delightful experience.:)

BA
Level Contributor
709 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

thank you for the tip. sounds excellent value, even with the 10 peso table charge. I often find Executive Menus fantastic value, it is similar to the Menu del Dia in Spain and are available at many restaurants on weekdays (never at weekends or bank holidays). They are around 50 pesos (11 usd dolars ) and vary in what it includes.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
78 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

What is a table charge? Is it like a bread charge in Spain? Do all restaurants charge it?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

dorian4: Yes, it like the bread charge in Spain. Most restaurants add this charge. But, not all.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

Thanks, Condu. Payuca is on my list for next visit.

Wavering about Rosario after your experience.

Continue eating and having fun.

Rochester, Michigan
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

Thanks Condu nice report

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

Hi Condu,

that's great info. My parents are visiting, so we have been eating out quite a lot; we try to go out more at midday instead of dining out, so we can take advantage of the set menues at midday. Tomorrow we'll try the Prosciutto in Monserrat; it is one of my favourite restaurants and last time I saw that they also have a menu ejecutivo. Will let you know how it turned out.

Cheers Mole

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

Morewierd, Irish, & Mole: It's a hard job researching all these BA restaurants...sigh...But, someone has to do it. LOL! I have been researching where to eat seafood in BA. I found a real gem, thanks to the Doc. Watch for my

post!

san diego
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

It sounds like a good-sized meal, did you go light on dinner that evening?

Or am I mistaken?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

Yes, Albert, we had a very light, very late dinner.:)

10. Re: La Payuca, A great Help To Beat Inflation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:16