We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

We are staying at the Glu Hotel next January prior to a cruise.

During our stay in BA we are going to Iguazu falls for a night.

I want to book my Aerolineas flight but they have flights from two BA airports.

Can anyone help by telling me which is the most convenient airport to our hotel and an approx cost of a taxi.

Thanks

Tony

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

Near Palermo is AEP ( Aeroparque) a 15min taxi ride from your hotel and no more of 30 ARS

2. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2012, 17:11
Edited: 08 August 2012, 17:11
3. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

Alewal, as usual, is correct. However, when you check the cost of the ticket to Iguazu and return, you may decide to stay two nights. There is plenty to see in Iguazu and then you can also go to Iguacu, the Brazilian side of the Falls for another, also spectacular, view.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
251 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

tonymul,

The domestic flight airport is Aeroparque (AEP) alhough Aerolineas has a daily flight to Iguazu from EZE (Ezeiza)

Don't choose EZE: it is a longer distance (50 min to 1 hour from Palermo Soho) and of course the cost of taxi will be much higher...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
535 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

Tonymul,

Enjoy the Glu, we just stayed there and loved it. AEP is much closer, a very easy taxi ride. You might check LAN's flight schedule as well, we flew them to Mendoza and back and had a good experience. And you might wait a while to book for next January, both in hopes of getting better pricing and because their schedules are likely to change between now and then.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,536 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

Concur with Seattle. Check LAN.

As noted above, Aerolineas is NOT reliable. Repeat. Aerolineas is not reliable.

I will give Aerolineas this though: When they do manage to get their aircraft off the ground, the flight attendants are young and vivacious (think Pan Am stewardesses back in the day), the wine is included and drinkable, and the snacks are tasty (Chocolate Havanna Alfojores, last time I flew).

Córdoba
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

But what about the suggestion of Seattle to wait for booking to get better prices later on? Doubt if this is true, in a country with more than 20% inflation per year..... besides January is holiday season as well, so I would consider booking tickets right now.....or am I wrong and does someone have other experiences with domestic flights?

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,536 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

Heart of Argentina, I suspect you are right about pricing. With such a high rate of inflation, locking in sooner rather than later seems adviseable.

I do agree with Seattle though about schedule changes. Both LAN and Aerolineas seem to constantly adjust their departure times and drop/add flights. This fact of Argentina life makes it particularly challenging to plan ahead.

10. Re: Nearest airport to Palermo Soho

Edited: 08 August 2012, 17:11