We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires to Iguasu (IGR)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos Aires to Iguasu (IGR)

Help requested. We are planning our trip and thus have few questions:

1. Flying from BA to Iguasu (IGR), the Argentinian side, does it matter if we fly from EZE or AEP airports.

2. Am I right to understand that flying from EZE there are high fees to be paid. (We are flying into EZE from Toronto via Miami)

3. Is AEP airport closer to the city.

4. Our trip is in Feb 2013. Should we book the tickets now. The fare is US$222 per person one way using Aero Lineas Argentinas. Is it a good fare and is the airline decent.

Another question. Crossing the border from the Argentinian side to the Brazilian side, we as Canadians will require visas. Will they stamp the passport at the border crossing.

Thank you.

Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires to Iguasu (IGR)

In February 2012 we flew from AEP to IGR with Lan Argentina. AEP is closer to downtown Buenos Aires than EZE and is a much more pleasant airport without the EZE taxi touts. The airfare to Iguazu was about what you are paying with Aerolineas. Had no problems with Lan, haven't travelled with Aero Lineas.

We didn't cross into Brazil, the visas were very expensive for just one day.

Instead we spent our money on a bed at the Sheraton inside the national park, had an early breakfast and were out and on the trails when the rangers opened the gates at 8am. Shortly after the crowds and the heat were intense.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires to Iguasu (IGR)

2. Am I right to understand that flying from EZE there are high fees to be paid. (We are flying into EZE from Toronto via Miami)

You will pay an entry/reciprocity fee on arrival from MIA. I am not what amount Canadian citizens currently pay. The fee is the same as residents of Argentina pay for a Visa to visit Canada.

You are not required to pay the fee to fly from EZE. It is only for arriving passengers.

This said, I agree with the previous poster. AEP is much more convenient to central Buenos Aires. While you will not pay extra fees to fly from EZE, the cost of a taxi to and from EZE vs. AEP will be at least double, probably more.

I urge you to check prices and times for flights on LAN as well as Aerolineas. LAN has a much better reputation. Aerolineas cancels, delays or changes flights much more frequently.

Edited: 13 April 2012, 11:43
3. Re: Buenos Aires to Iguasu (IGR)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:40