We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

our trip

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boynton Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
our trip

We plan to come to Buenos Aires in February 2013 For a few days and then go on an 8 day cruise returning ro Buenos Aires for a few days.

What section should we look for a hotel. We are three couples, originally from NY and now retired in Florida. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well as points of interest that we "must" see.

We are also interested in seeing the Jewish Community there.

Harry Hoffer

hhofferesq@aol.com

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: our trip

A good central area to stay for sightseeing is Recoleta. It's a lovely neighborhood with many services.

Have a look at www.bue.gov.ar for the city bus tour and walking tours.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,822 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: our trip

http://www.cicerones.org.ar/index_eng.php

http://www.batravelguide.com/

I agree with ricardo .. Good location for hotels, parks, museums, sightseeing and it is easy as pie to grab a taxi and go to other neighborhoods .

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Nice
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: our trip

If you search in the bar above here, you'll find much information on BA's Jewish area and its history, museums, tours and synagogues.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
762 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: our trip

Hola!

I recommend to stay in Palermo, not just lovely Restaurantes, bars, also good area for shopping, and easy to move either by subway or taxi.

Must see in Buenos Aires; La Boca, Recoleta and Downtown.

I agree the city bus tour will allow you to get to see all the highlights, and then you can decide what would you like to explore more.

I also particularly like "Zanjon de Granados" a private museum that recreates all Buenos Aires history in an amazing house reconstruction, "Museo de Bellas Artes" (Fine Arts Museum) with some of the best argentinean art, and to visit a Milonga (where locals go to dance tango). I particularly like "Salon Canning" on Satudays night.

I hope it helps! Have lovely time in our lovely city!

Veronica

Say Hueque

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: our trip

We were there last year and I agree with the Recoleta suggestions. We rented an apartment there that had an incredible view and was conveniently located. We rode the city bus to other areas. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping etc. nearby. We booked tours through the leasing agent and met them at one of the nearby (very upscale and pricy!) hotels. There are many museums all over town. We took a city tour to get an overview of what was where and added to our "must see" list.

You will love it!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: our trip

Harry, think about an apartment for your stay rather than a hotel. I like www.apartmentsinba.com or www.argentinaconsultant.com . Consider this, Retiro, Recoleta and Palermo are three neighborhoods strung out side be side. You can walk from the center of the Retiro neighborhood (Florida St. Mall, for example) to the middle of Palermo in 45 minutes or so. Retiro is right between the other two neighborhoods. Palermo is a little more edgy with restaurants and cafe's full of young professionals and fewer tourists. That said, any of these barrios will work as you can bus, taxi or walk wherever you want.

As a tourist you will want to see the Cemetery at Recoleta. You will want to see the street like in San Telmo on the weekend. You may want to drop into La Boca for a small tango show at lunch (more intimate than the bigger venues). Puerto Madero is attractive with the yacht harbor as well. I like a lunch in China Town myself, and you will want to take the 60 minute train ride to Tigre where you can walk, shop and sample foods in a Venice-like setting with canals full of boats.

You will find architectural jewels around every corner in these neighborhood, as well as hidden cafe's and interesting markets and stores. After that, you have no time left...

7. Re: our trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:16