We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry Fee's.....

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Entry Fee's.....

Hi everyone,

Just a quick questions. Myself (British) and friend (Australian) are landing into BA from Oz. I am guessing he will need to pay a fee on arrival? We are then flying to Iguazu (argentina side) and then flying on to Brazil. We will fly back to BA for our return international flights back to Oz.

Does anyone know how many times a fee will need to be paid and how much it is?

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry Fee's.....

Hi. Only Australians, Americans and Canadians pay the entry fee and once you do, it is valid for 10 years. Have a safe journey!

new york
Level Contributor
751 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry Fee's.....

When did the entry fee begin? I was in Argentina in Oct. 2009 and was wondering if I paid it.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entry Fee's.....

Australians are charged a fee of 100 US Dollars for entry into Argentina. This fee is good for multiple entries within one year. This is different from USA passport holders which are charged a fee of 160 dollars which is good for multiple entries of 10 years.

The fee was introduced in 2010 and you would know if you paid it since a receipt was permanently attached to the visa section of your passport.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
new york
Level Contributor
751 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Entry Fee's.....

Thank you.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Entry Fee's.....

Thanks for your help.

6. Re: Entry Fee's.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 06:16