We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in BA with 2 young kids for a 2 month stay

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay in BA with 2 young kids for a 2 month stay

My wife, 2.5 year old daughter, 1.5 year old son, and myself are looking to spend about two months in Buenos Aires. We would like to stay in an area that meets the following criteria:

1) within close walking distance to a kid friendly park since we probably go daily for exercise and to entertain the kids

2) walking distance to market and some restaurants

We are going to rent an apartment so if you know of a great building or great street that meets the criteria above please let us know!

Last time we were in BA we stayed in Recoleta which was very nice but I dont remeber any near by parks.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
762 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in BA with 2 young kids for a 2 month stay

Hola Brian!

It is great to read you are going to spend time in Buenos Aires! I really hope you enjoy it very much!!

I think probably the best to stay with kids would be Palermo.

You would be near the Park, where you have the rose garden, the botanical garden, the japanese garden and a lots of green open spaces, plus some tools for exercises.

In Recoleta you still have the area of Facultad de Derecho, where a lot of people go for running.

Still, I would keep in Palermo. It is greener, you have plenty of restaurantes around, bars, cafés.

Libertador Avenue would be probably the easiest- I am thinking that the little one still travels on baby Carriage Stroller, and on Libertador there are almost no steps, so easy to move!

Other street I really like is Republica Arabe de Siria, right next to the Botanical Garden- one of my favourite italian restaurantes in town is there.

I hope this helps you! You can use google maps to identify the streets I am talking about!

Have a great time in our lovely city!!

Veronica

Say Hueque Tours

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,820 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in BA with 2 young kids for a 2 month stay

There are the great large parks like those along Libertador where there is a childrens playground next to the Belle Artes Musuem in Recoleta, ( this is the area that Veronica refers to ) and then there are small parks that are found here and there in the neighborhood.

Recoleta has a few of these parks.. one in the Vicente Lopez Park area, and a small sweet park on Pena near Pueyrredon .

I think they do a very nice job with the parks for the little ones, they seem to be quite safe and fenced in nicely ..

These are good for every day park breaks, the Zoo in Palermo is a good spot for a few hours, if you like zoos.

The Botanical Gardens in Palermo, close to where the zoo is, also is very child friendly .. but for every day parks and safe play, I think Recoleta has a lot of good choices.. and it meets all of your criteria :)

3. Re: Best area to stay in BA with 2 young kids for a 2 month stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 00:16