We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argentina - Buenos Aires in a week?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Argentina - Buenos Aires in a week?

My wife and I are thinking of a november trip to Argentina. We would only have 8 days which would have to include flight from Toronto. Is it possible to do Argentina, specifically Buenos Aires in 7-8 days?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,979 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argentina - Buenos Aires in a week?

Sure. Just pick 2 places and see them. Say, Buenos Aires and somewhere else. What is it about Argentina that attracts you?

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argentina - Buenos Aires in a week?

Peterscot makes a good suggestion. Another option would be to spend much of your time in Buenos Aires and take a couple of day (or overnight) trips:

San Antonio de Areco is an interesting little town just a ~ 1 1/2 hour bus ride away and there are several estancias near by where you could ride, or just visit, have a nice meal and experience the pampas;

Tigre Delta is a 1 hour train ride away and makes a lovely day trip (in good weather) on the delta - we stayed overnight one time and loved it. We took a full day boat trip with Delta Unplugged which was exceptional.

Read some Trip Reports and you will discover other relatively nearby trips, thus avoiding costly and time consuming flights.

Know also, that theinterstate bus system in Argentina includes very comfortable (like flying business class) seating/lying for overnight travel, should that become an option for you.

Have fun planning your trip.

~MarnieWDC

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,115 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argentina - Buenos Aires in a week?

I like also like Marnies idea. Stay in the city, don't sleep, just walk and see everything possible and take one day for a Delta/Tigre trip or even San Isidro on a Sunday.

Wherever you go by bus, it will be a very long drive, keep that in mind.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
779 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Argentina - Buenos Aires in a week?

Hola Mike!

I agree with the others- I do think it is better to stay in Buenos Aires, there is a lot to do. You can also add one night in a Estancia in the nearby.

But- if you would like to see another highlight of the country, it is also possible.

I would say probably what fits better are Iguazu or Calafate.

I would suggest to do it by flight.

Then you could distribute 4 days in Buenos Aires + 2 in Iguazu, and still you will get to see a lot, and get a good balance between an amazing city and the impressive waterfalls.

Have a great vacation

Veronica

Say Hueque Tours

London, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Argentina - Buenos Aires in a week?

Scarlett 01 brings up a good point. Dont sleep, just walk. Buenos Aires has no much to offer to the wandering tourist. You'll find creativity, beautiful parks, architecture and corner cafes on every..well, corner! And each barrio (neighbourhood) has a totally different feel to it. From San Telmo's bohemian vibe and classic architecture to Villa Crespo with its street art and discount outlets.

We always urge tourists in BA to cover more than just the well-worn tourist routes. For us the city is all about street life, not iconic tourist destinations.

If you want to head out of the city and see the real argentina, San Antonio de Arreco is a great option or a day at an estancia (try Guapa Polo for something really traditional)

Enjoy!

Foto Ruta photography experiences Buenos Aires

6. Re: Argentina - Buenos Aires in a week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 05:17