We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for BA

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Packing for BA

Our trip is coming up, actually leaving on Oct. 29. Since it is spring there, are ladies still wearing boots? That is what is most comfortable to me other than athletic shoes, which I'm trying to avoid.

As always, muchas gracias!

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for BA

Hello Sadie,

I have seen women still wearing boots today. But IMO, this is really the end of "boot season".

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
701 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for BA

We arrived today and it it pleasantly warm. of course that is because I brought some warmer slacks and long sleeve shirts.

I wear athletic shoes....saw some women with boots on and others wearing"ballet slippers'.

I would think the boots are NOT necessary....because I brought the warmer,sunny weather. Good-bye rain and wind.

Cheers.

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing for BA

Welcome Morewierd!

Thank you very much for bringing this wonderful weather. We've certainly had more than our share of rain in the past days!

I was one of those wearing ballet slippers today ... for me, there will be no more boots until next year.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing for BA

Welcome morewierd ! It was a beautiful day today, thank you !!

Have a great visit ..

I was wearing my ballet flats too :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing for BA

We've been here for about 10 days now & the weather has been up & down. On the cooler & wetter days the boots are out but otherwise regular summerish streetware is the norm. That ranges from ballet flats as mentioned to pretty well anything else being worn in the States other than athletic shoes. Oh, and skyscraper platforms which may amaze you when you see them!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing for BA

Ahhh, thank you all. Packing lighter and leaving boots at home. Glad to hear it's warming up.... it is hard to go from autumn wear here to spring there, but I am so excited to finally be coming! Can't wait to see the skyscraper platforms! I've always wanted to be taller, maybe I'll get a pair....

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing for BA

Sadie, be very careful wearing platforms, especially high ones, on our sidewalks. Ankles tend to get turned .. I find flats or a more flat shoe to be safer for sightseeing.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing for BA

Thanks Scarlett, I was definitely kidding about that, my platform shoe days were over in the '70s!!! You have always been so kind to respond to my questions and I appreciate it so much. Now another one for you: where would you stay in Iguazu Falls (Argentina)? I read that the Sheraton is right by the falls and is great for that reason, although the hotel sounds a little worn out. We love a good location... but do you have a better recommendation? I need to book something tomorrow. I have waited until the last moment to book this because my Dad is very sick and I was considering canceling the trip. I believe he is stable enough now and so we are planning to leave on Monday. Thank you for any suggestions you might have!!!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing for BA

My recommendation is the Sheraton. If possible with the Falls view :)

Thank you for the kind words, I am happy to try to be helpful.

10. Re: Packing for BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:17