We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
413 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip

Have been to BA before. Have about three days this time. Is it worth a day going to Colonia or Tigre? If Tigre is just some waterways and home along them I think we can be better off in BA? Our cruise stops in Montevideo.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
548 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip

I don't know about Colonia. We are traveling there for the first time in Dec. and this is our 4th stay in BA/Argentina.

We/ve done a plethora of activities in Tigre and the Delta, but the BEST ONE, by far...is a day w/DELTA UNPLUGGED w/Ana and Ralph. Trust me, you will not be sorry.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,377 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip

Colonia is a very nice day trip, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The ferry ride is short and inexpensive, and the ferries are quite nice. They dock within easy walking distance of the colonial town. Or you can rent a golf cart, which is what we did. We took it through the colonial town, and also out to the bull ring and a colonial church. It was a fun little adventure and I'm glad we did it. 3-4 hours in Colonia is sufficient.

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
413 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip

Did you take the train- read there are different ways to get to the Delta?

Edited: 06 November 2012, 12:38
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,876 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip

If you only have 3 days here, I would skip Colonia and go to Tigre.

While Colonia is charming and different, it is also a full day away and you cannot be absolutely sure the ferry / weather will not cause delays.

Take the Train from Retiro. easy peasy :)

5. Re: Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 10:17