We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires

Albany, New York
5 posts
Save Topic
Buenos Aires

Hoping someone can give me advice about spending a day in BA. We arrive by cruise ship and will be disembarking with luggage in the AM.

We fly out that night for home. (hoping we get bumped and can spend a few days there but that is another story)

Private car with a private tour guide to pick us up at the port, take us around thec city and then drop us off at the airport? Go by ourselves to the airport check luggage and go back into town? Rent a room for the day for our luggage and walk around? Then go out to the airport.

Any suggestions?

Caballos A La Par
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours
Argentina Polo Day
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Lessons & Workshops, Private Tours, Sports Camps & Clinics, Day Trips
Marcelo Alejandro Mansilla
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires

I am looking for the same thing. We are also arriving my cruise ship with only that day to see the city. Our flight is at 10;30 pm. Would like a private tour so that we can keep our luggage or just store it at a hotel for the day. If necessary we can get a day room.

What day are you in BA?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,290 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires

I would think this all depends on your budget .

I personally would like the idea of a private guide in a car, but you can also hire guides who walk with you here and there.

The best thing I can think of that I would do is the take a taxi into Recoleta, rent a room at one of the hotels like the Urban or the Dazzler .. you can drop your things off, rest, shower etc and be free of the luggage worry.

I know someone who did this a couple of years ago, there was an elderly traveler in the group who needed more breaks and they stayed at the Urban and had all kinds of good things to say about it.

I hope you get bumped too :)

Albany, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires

We will be in BA March 5th and fly out that night.

Will check out your suggestions. Budget is not that great but we used air miles for the trip back. Otherwise we would have stayed for a few days, If we don't get bumped, we will just have an excuse to come back.

Thanks for the quick replies.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,740 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos Aires

As an alternative, you can store luggage at the Manual Tienda Leon(www.tiendaleon.com) downtown office during the day. You can contact them for transport from the cruise terminal to their office, then store your luggage, tour the city, then return to Tienda Leon for transport to the international airport.

The city hop on/off yellow bus tours depart closeby to MTL office.www.bue.gov.ar

5. Re: Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 07:18