We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code

Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dress code

We will be in Buenos Aires for two days and nights in March. Is it acceptable to wear bermuda shorts and sneakers visiting the sites in the day? What is the dress code for moderately priced restaurants for dinner?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code

Yes we saw a lot of tourists in shorts and tshirts wearing sneakers but I would bring something smart casual for eating out in the evenings.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code

I agree with Chrella - though late in March could begin to get chilly or rainy, so be prepared for that, too.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code

You will get away with almost any attire as a tourist.... however, if you dont want to feel out of place, as posted above I would suggest you have something casual but still not completetly beach-ware.... you will feel a lot more comfortable.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code

For dinner, I would go for jeans or black jeans with a nice dress shirt (no tie needed). Buenos Aires is less casual than other places in South America. Men do groom themselves (they smell great, always clean and cologned). I wouldn't wear them for dinner. Maybe only during the day (but you will be branded tourist) or during the weekends, where more casual wear is acceptable. Weather is changing though, and less bermudas are to be seen.

5. Re: dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:17