We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta del Tigre

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
156 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Delta del Tigre

Somebody can help? There are many different companies offering all kind of excursions at Delta del Tigre. We don't have much time, so it has to be on the short side but good. I will love to receive recommendations from you all, friends.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
694 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta del Tigre

Greetings.......if you do a search you will find that DELTA UNPLUGGED gets kudos galore!

I've done them all and Ana and Ralph just provide the most enjoyment for the day!

Good Luck!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
156 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta del Tigre

Thanks, morewierd. Alberto said the same thing and a moment ago I sent them an e-mail.

I love Trip Advisor.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta del Tigre

I can only add that I agree: our day with Delta Unplugged was our favorite day in a couple trips to Tigre. And the food is gourmet. And the history of the Delta is so well presented - as are the descriptions of the flora & fauna and the waterways.

I envy youall this trip.

Edited: 25 February 2013, 18:47
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
156 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta del Tigre

Thanks, marnie.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta del Tigre

Marnie... as a visitor, how would you rate your visit to Tigre...? I have to confess of being rather bearish on the entire Tigre experience.... I rarely suggest visitors go there as I cant really understand what would be of real interest. Unless you are a die hard river person.... perhaps Im missing something.

Would appreciate your thoughts when you have a chance...

Thanks !!

ny, ny
Level Contributor
91 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta del Tigre

The best part of our day trip to Tigre (about 2 weeks ago) was the boat ride all the way back to Buenos Aires. Most companies will take you around the Delta (very interesting) and back to the dock on the Tigre river where you have to train it back to BA. There are a few boats that take you on the same Delta tour but then boat it back to BA dropping you off in Puerto Madero - this is really a worth while and fun experience.

Tigre was a nice escape for the day, but without the boat ride back I may have felt it was not really worth it.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta del Tigre

Well, Gaucho, we are sailors from the Chesapeake Bay and can never get enough water. We found our earlier, day trips to Tigre to provide a very pleasant change from the bustle and tension and cacophony of long stays in BsAs. We enjoyed the train rides there and back and a stop in San Isidro added an interesting side trip to the day on the water. We usually took the 'mail boat' up and around the Delta - and just relaxed and stopped off in one of the restaurants on the water.

Last year, along with friends from France, we decided to try Delta Unplugged, and also to spend a night in Hotel Victoria. The 4 of us were really happy with the Delta tour and everything that went with it.

What can I say ? We all look for different adventures or means of relaxation; for DH and me, as well as for our friends, these 2 days on the Delta were interesting, in terms of the flora and fauna and history of this region, relaxing (the boating and the walking) and we had delicious meals, including on the boat !

So, while Delta visits would not please everyone, we have found the trips we have taken there to be, well, lovely and calming. Next time we will take the advice of Samdog and take the boat back to Puerto Madero.

ps The wine was really good, too....but don't ask me to identify it now.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
694 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta del Tigre

Just have to agree with Marnie!

We've done FOUR different trips(ways) to explore the Delta.....and by far.......Delta Unplugged provides a memorable experience.

Even did Delta Unplugged on this last trip for the second time. That makes 5 trips on the Delta.

DIFFERENT STROKES.........FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta del Tigre

Morewierd, you were the inspiration for our taking Delta Unplugged on our trip last year; one verano we should try to go to the Delta together. Keep shoveling that snow - autumn is beginning to show itself here....probably a wonderful time to go to the Delta !

10. Re: Delta del Tigre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 05:17