We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

I have read some TA postings from last year where taxi's were being stopped after they left the airport and tourists were robbed. Has there been any of this in recent times?

What is the safest way to get from the Airport to a city hotel?

I was planning on booking Taxi Ezeiza from Ezeiza airport, would this be a good option or not?

Thanks

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

TAXIEZE and the other agencies which are reserved inside the terminal are the best choices for transport to your accomodations.

Do not take a taxi which you hail at the curb outside the terminal building.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

At EZE just after you exit immigration/customs there are companies who provide service (Called remis) into city. They are good choices and same price as a taxi. We used Transfer Express 4 times while there and got good service. VIP is also good. Cost from EZE to Retiro was about 210 pesos ($42) - you are paying for the car, not per passenger. Manuel Tienda Leon was higher.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

I agree that a remise would be the safest way to travel. These are like mini limos; unmarked regular looking cars. It wouldn't be too hard for a robber to figure out that a taxi, particularly one that said "EZE" on the doors, would be carrying tourists with their worldly possessions.I'd suggest that one passenger sit in the front seat, so that the car looks like it's not a remise..

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

Thanks everyone.

Has anyone heard if Taxi's are being stopped and passengers robbed coming from the airport in recent times.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

I like the idea of a Remise.

Are there usually plenty available at the airport?

I have booked TaxiEzieza already what do they do if you don't turn up at their counter?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

Hello

Check this site

http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp

This company operates in EZE and AEP and has lots of cars

The rate of remis to the city center is about 300 pesos.

It also has buses to the city center for 75 pesos. (In Time Settings)

then a reliable company to move into the city is

http://www.taxipremium.com/

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

I made reservations online w taxi Ezeiza. Their booth is just outside customs.. I paid with dollars ---$42 from airport to Recoleta.

8. Re: Are Taxis from the airport safe to use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:17