We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit through BuenosAires

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Transit through BuenosAires

We are two friends from Australia who will have a 23 hour wait between flights from Sydney to Lima at the end of September. We would like to know if we can leave the airport to stay the night in a hotel and do some sightseeing whilst transit passengers on an Aerolineas Argentinas ticket

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit through BuenosAires

Hi guys I'm in the same boat in October with a 12 hour 25 minute stopover from Brisbane to Mexico in October and hope not to have to pay it. You of course can leave the airport but from my understanding there is a fee to pay once you leave transit or stay in transit over 12 hours. Details here. smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/…argentina

Australian tourists are charged a “reciprocity fee” of USD100. The reciprocity fee must be paid online prior to arrival in Argentina on the Argentine Migration website. Travellers who have not paid the reciprocity fee prior to arrival at an Argentine port of entry may be sent back to their port of embarkation. See under Entry and exit for more information.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit through BuenosAires

Thanks. I have found that I might get around the fee as I have a UK passport I can use.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
185 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit through BuenosAires

23 hours is plenty of time to catch a few sights. depending of the outbound flight time, i'd be careful not to arrive too close to it.

if it's at 7 pm, for example, it can take quite a while to get to EZE.

4. Re: Transit through BuenosAires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 07:23