We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Around BA

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Around BA

Which bus or subte should I take to get from Downtown BA (calle San Martin) to Palermo and Villa Crespo. Or, would it be easier to take a taxi? If a taxi is preferred, how much should I expect to pay?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Around BA

Have a look at www.omnilines.com.ar then click on Colectivos. This gives you a route planning map for the transport with Buenos Aires.

The closest line is B to Villa Crespo. However, it doesn't depart directly from San Martin Plaza, You have to take line C then change to Line B.at Diagonal.

If you have luggage then I would take a taxi

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
61 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Around BA

deppends on where you are on calle San Martín and where do you want to go in Palermo and Villa Crespo. They are big neighborhoods. Subte D (the green one) goes to Palermo. Subte B (red one) goes to Villa Crespo. From Plaza de Mayo buses 29, 152 and 111 go to Palermo, but so do many others. I suggest you use the webiste http://www.viaja-facil.com/ to choose your best opttion.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Around BA

In Palermo, I want to visit Silvia Eisele (leather goods). In Villa Crespo, I want to visit a shop called Indigena. I'm not quite sure yet, but I am considering the Sheraton at 1225 San Martin...Thank you for your assistance.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Around BA

If you are using SPG points for the Sheraton or getting a great rate, then I would stay there. If not, then I would choose a location in Palermo Soho or Recoleta for location purposes. Both of these neighborhoods have better service and are more walkable friendly than the Sheraton neighborhood.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Around BA

If you’re taking a cab, it will depend on the time it takes to get there as they work by taximeter, so traffic may increase the rate greatly. It could be anything between 50 pesos to 70 pesos.

6. Re: Getting Around BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 06:20