We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires/ Rio

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos Aires/ Rio

Please help advise me...i want to take a trip to Buenos Aires and Rio de Janerio. Does it make a difference with what country i start with first? Should i start off in Buenos Aires and end up in Rio or vice-versa or does it even matter??!!!

Your suggestions, tips greatly appreciated....

Will have about 5 days to split between the two.

Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
132 reviews
from US$135.58*
US$152.63
Iguazu Falls Private Day Trip from...
5 reviews
from US$1,098.00*
Full Day Tour at a Farm in San...
55 reviews
from US$170.00*
Small-Group City Tour of Buenos Aires
180 reviews
from US$35.00*
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires/ Rio

good question, interested in the answers.

Is crime more of a problem in rio?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,608 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires/ Rio

A couple of things to consider is what time of the year are you traveling and the pricing of the airtickets.

If you travel during the June to September months, then it will be Winter in Buenos Aires. The weather will be cooler at that time in Rio, but you can still sit in the sun.

A good stop between these two destinations is Iguazu Falls. Two days are sufficient for visiting the Falls.

It doesn't really matter where you begin your holiday, but choose the cheaper of the airtickets.

Crime can be more of a problem in Rio depending on where you stay in the city. I find the better place to stay is in the Ipanema/LeBlon area of Rio. The Brazilians have been working on cleaning up the city and improving the security for the Olympics. The last time that I visited; I noticed that things had improved.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires/ Rio

Please don't forget that you will have to pay to enter each country US$160.00.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos Aires/ Rio

Thanks for the information- very helpful!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buenos Aires/ Rio

My choice would be based on the best flight price/schedule as I don't think it matters which you do first.

6. Re: Buenos Aires/ Rio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17