We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Size of Palermo?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
644 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Size of Palermo?

We will be staying in Palermo not sure which part yet, but is it difficult to walk to certain restaurants and bars if not in particular area(soho, Hollywood etc). Thanks for any help

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
5,245 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Size of Palermo?

Palermo is made up of a few areas(Soho,Hollywood,Botanico,Chico, and Las Canitas). Have a look at Google maps in order to see the area and the walking distances.

There are many bus lines which run through these neighborhoods and make them easy to navigate. Taxi's are plentiful and the ride would be considered short.

For me, I walk between the neighborhoods without problems. During the Summer, it's too warm for a long walk during the hot times of the day.

Many of the restaurants and bars which appeal to the younger crowd are located in Soho in the Plaza Serrano area.

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
5,245 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,372 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Size of Palermo?

Grande :)

We used to take a taxi to Palermo Soho from Recoleta but then we would walk from Soho to Palermo Botanico to go home .. sometimes we walked all the way home but most times we took a taxi. Walking all the way back , you have to be in good walking shape or you will just flop on the ground somewhere and beg for a taxi :)

( ok ok , I did that once but it was very hot ! )

Mentioned in this post
Ilha Grande
Ilha Grande
Angra Dos Reis, RJ
Palermo Soho
Palermo Soho
6,496 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Recoleta
Recoleta
18,733 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Palermo
Palermo
5,245 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Size of Palermo?

I think Palermo is Buenos Aires' biggest neighbourhood, maybe together with Puerto Madero.

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
5,245 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Puerto Madero
Puerto Madero
35,995 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Size of Palermo?

Yep, Palermo is Buenos Aires biggest neighborhood. I'd recommend you use www.maps.google.com and just plug in the distances between two places. i.e. where you will stay, vs. where you want to go and you can see exactly how many minutes walking, driving or public transportation.

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
5,245 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
5. Re: Size of Palermo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 06:18