We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

Hi all,

I have a week in BsAs before heading over to Brazil.

I was planning on buying perfumes here and taking as gifts.

Then I realised my blue-rate currency in Argentina might go much further.

What do you suggest? Should I be buying in Australia, or wait til I get to Argentina (cost-wise)?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

I've done my research and the men's cologne at Sydney dutyfree is about $50-60 per bottle.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

Not sure about imported brands but there is a very interesting shop in Recoleta right across from the Alvear Palace where they custom mix perfumes for you. I thought their prices were really reasonable.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

To me, the perfumes I've bought here don't smell quite the same. I've talked to other women who feel the same way, so we always buy perfume when we're visiting another country.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,075 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

I agree, I still got my perfume from the US or France. I was lucky enough to have visitors who were happy to bring me things that I needed from outside of Argentina.

That said, Palermo has shops that sell nice scents that are not necessarily the posh expensive French perfumes but would be a nice reminder of your visit to BA.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

Thank you all so much... I ended up making my purchases here in Sydney. That forces me to reduce the amount of clothing I'm taking and travel lightly. Not such a bad thing :-)

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

if you want to make a great present, you can have your own perfumes made by Fueguia, check their website, they are amazing. Cheers!

7. Re: Perfume - Is it cheap enough to stock up?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 06:18