We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recoleta Apartment Advice

Toronto
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Recoleta Apartment Advice

We are a family of 4 travelling to South America in June. I have narrowed down the following 5listings and would appreciate any advice/comments on the apartments/locations. Many thanks in advance

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/263320 - looks good and has great reviews but much cheaper than the others and I am wondering if there is a catch

www.apartmentsba.com/recoleta-5/AP44-p618/

www.apartmentsba.com/recoleta-5/AP49-p644/

www.apartmentsba.com/recoleta-5/AP5-p845/

tripadvisor.ca/VacationRentalReview-g312741-…

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,372 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recoleta Apartment Advice

Callao is a very big and busy street but fabulous .. I would choose one of the first 2 apartmentsba apartments.

They are in good locations, they look fine and apartmentsba has a fine reputation.

I will be using them when I go back on visits .. soon I hope :)

Mentioned in this post
Callao Suites
Callao Suites
373 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recoleta Apartment Advice

I am familiar with the locations of all of these apartments. I have lived in the building on Uriburu/Melo but in a different apartment.

As Scarlett shared with you the street Callao/Posadas is an area which is one of the very best in Buenos Aires. The street has some of the best architecture in the city and will remind you of a Park Ave from NYC. All of the best 5 star hotels and shops are all closeby. If you do have an apartment facing the street then it can be noisy in the rooms facing Callao, however many of them have triple paned windows. However, the views of the street are lovely.

The Libertad/Posadas is another beautiful area and across the street from high end Patio Bullrich shopping and close to the 4 Seasons Hotel. This is another elegant position in the city. I have,also lived in this area and loved the elegance but was a little farther walk to the supermarket.

The building on Uriburu/Melo is new and has a nice pool on the roof if you are there during Summer. The location is very good and is close to markets and restaurants. Also, the building on Juncal is very close to this location and has the same services and same type of neighborhood. This neighborhood is a little less elegant than the first three but more practical for daily living and the number of services.

The reason that the first apartment might be cheaper is that you are renting from the owner, while the other apartments are being managed by an agency. Also, the first apartment hasn't been completely remodeled(kitchen) as the other apartments so the price might be a little cheaper. The older buildings as represented in the first three are older style traditional buildings with high ceilings and large rooms. The newer building such as Uriburu has smaller rooms with lower ceilings, but a newer kitchen.

If you want to feel elegant and rich then the first 3 apartments near all the mansions. If you want more of a local feel than the last two apartments.

Any of these apartments would be lovely.

Mentioned in this post
Melo
Melo
406 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Callao Suites
Callao Suites
373 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Toronto
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recoleta Apartment Advice

Thank you so much, Scarlett and Ricardo. I have been doing a lot of research on TA, and your specific replies will really help to make the decision!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,372 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recoleta Apartment Advice

Listen to ricardo first ... :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recoleta Apartment Advice

well.....don't know what "fine reputation" has this www, but c.a. $2K @ month for a studio is not very "fine" for me, just absolute highway robbery, in recoleta a fine studio monthly rate should be 400-600 uSD and not $2K

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,372 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recoleta Apartment Advice

Well, keiser 777. . that is what is great, there are apartments for rent in BA for all kinds of budgets.

7. Re: Recoleta Apartment Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:18