We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos aires rental

clifornia
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buenos aires rental

Will be in Buenos Aires, late Sept. Early Oct. Looking at a rental through HomeAway rentals. Has anyone used them? Also the apt. Is in a beautiful building on Mexico St. Between Piedras and Chacabuco Streets. Is this area safe? Thanks, Nancy

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos aires rental

Can't help you with your specific question about HomeAway rentals, but can tell you that the area is reasonably safe as long as, like any big city, you are sensible. Being in the main central area, the will be people on the lookout for easy target tourists, so be aware of that. When we were there, we twice used a company called Byt Argentina to rent a flat in Buenos Aires and they were great. We stayed in the Palermo Vieja area, which is a little way out of the centre, but a very lovely area for cafes and restaurants, less touristy and very safe. It is still easy to get into the centre, so was ideal for us as we had a longer stay, as it gave us the best of both.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
696 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos aires rental

I just booked two rentals for September in SanFrancisco and Mill Valley. So far.......so good. Homeaway AND VRBO are connected and I've always have good luck with VRBO.

Tabitha......how grand to find someone else who has great things to say about BYTArgentina. We have rented with them 3 times and have had terrific experiences.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
765 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos aires rental

HomeAway is VERY reputable and been around for years. Actually many people don't know but Homeaway owns VRBO and many of the same listings are on both. AirBnb is also really wonderful and of course Flipkey.com is owned by TripAdvisor.

All are really wonderful options for renting a property.

Berlin
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos aires rental

Hello there, I’ve never booked through homeaway but I wanted to give you a little advise about the area. Although I love San Telmo, it’s pretty far away from Palermo and Recoleta. San Telmo is definitely worth a visit but I’d rather stay in Recoleta or Palermo. Also, those neighborhoods are adjacent and more central, so it would be easier for you to visit all of the attractions a city as big as Buenos Aires has to offer. If you do stay in San Telmo, stay away from dark, lonely little streets at night as there are some dodgy characters and you may get mugged.

5. Re: Buenos aires rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:15