We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching World Cup games with 10 year old son

Orange County
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Watching World Cup games with 10 year old son

I am staying in Recoleta for a week and would like to find a fun place to watch the USA game as well at the Argentina game this Tuesday. I am looking for a festive location, but want to make sure it is not too crazy with my son there. Any suggestions?

We plan on watching a few days of games, fitting in some museums and sight seeing on those days. Looking at a daytrip, or one night, at an estancia.

I could also use some help locating the nearest dieteticas (gluten free needs) to my apartment in the area of Posadas and Libertad. Also, where is the biggest super market in the area?

We are going to check out the cemetery and market tomorrow. If anyone has other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
955 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Watching World Cup games with 10 year old son

The best place to watch the football games is at the big screen located in Plaza San Martin, on Av. del Libertador & Maipu. There´s a nice family atmosphere although a little bit crazy during the Argenina games.

There´s a Disco Supermarket on Quintana and Callao, and a big Carrefour supermarket on Vicente Lopez and Rodriguez Peña. I don´t know the exact location of a dietetica in the area but most probably there´s one around that block.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watching World Cup games with 10 year old son

Plaza San Martin would be fantastic for the games. If you want an inside venue, check out the Hard Rock Cafe in the shopping center right next to the cemetery (the one that has the furniture and other home-related stores). I haven't watched sports there, and of course they cater to music videos, but I've got to think they will show the games).

Some of the estancias have asados (ccokouts) and horsemanship (even polo) and folk music exhibitions for day trippers. I'm not current on which ones do that these days, and I don't know if they do it in winter. If you can find one, your son (and you) might enjoy that. Staying overnight might not add too much tot he experience, other than cost.

3. Re: Watching World Cup games with 10 year old son

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:16