We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to Exhange $ in Recoleta

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place to Exhange $ in Recoleta

Any ideas or suggestions?

Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
138 reviews
from US$135.58*
US$152.63
Iguazu Falls Private Day Trip from...
6 reviews
from US$1,098.00*
Full Day Tour at a Farm in San...
64 reviews
from US$170.00*
Small-Group City Tour of Buenos Aires
209 reviews
from US$35.00*
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to Exhange $ in Recoleta

I don't know about a *best* place but my experience is that the rates are worse than downtown area. Much less people trading cash -- I was able to exchange in a fair rate (still worse than downtown) with a restaurant maitre!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to Exhange $ in Recoleta

Just go to Florida street, for dollars ..rates are very illegally good.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place to Exhange $ in Recoleta

The places in Recoleta are mostly permanent storefronts. Some are also buyers of gold and jewelry, or have some other associated business. Others don't have any markings, just a door. They are all over. Ask at a kiosk, hotel front desk, restaurant, etc. for a couple nearby, and compare rates; they are likely to be nearly the same and a few percentage points "worse" than what you would get in the business Centro.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place to Exhange $ in Recoleta

Spent over an hour talking to hotel desk clerks and locals trying to find a good place to exchange around Recoleta. Got tired, walked to Florida Street and completed a large exchange in 2 minutes. No problems.

Kusadası, Izmir...
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place to Exhange $ in Recoleta

As I said above,I always change money at the place opposite the Recoleta mall,Calle Junin entrance,their thorougly profesional,I hve also changed money at the big kiosko by the "Los Galgos" apartment building close to Juncal on Callao,there I was given the FULL DAILY BLUE RATE,but that was a somewhat more insider transaction withouth any middel man and probably not typical.

6. Re: Best Place to Exhange $ in Recoleta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:16