We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go from BA?

Warsaw, Poland
1 post
Save Topic
Where to go from BA?

I`m going to stay in BA for abt 6 weeks (august and part of Sep). During that period I`d like to travel around region (the futher, the better). I`m going to travel mostly at weekends (maybe sometimes monday or friday as well). What I really care about, is the cost. The chaper, the better. As somebody from EU, cheap budget flight/bus means to me 50USD and 100 USD is for me normal price. (200USD is expensive). Of course, I don`t expect luxury for that prices. I don`t want to stay overnight, but if ticket will be chaper, that`s ok. My question is- where are the best places to go and what is the chapest way to travel? I`d like to ommit hick-hiking. I also already know about urugay. The most "visitworthy" destnations for me are Aconcangua, Santiago de Chile, Asuncion and Puerto Iguazu. Is there any way to pay less than 100USD to get there from BA? Maybe there are other locations, which are more worth seeing? I may travel alone, but maybe also with company of 1-3 ppl. I`m not fluent spanish speaker, I just know basics. Thanks for any advice.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,502 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go from BA?

If you have a look a Google maps then you'll have a good appreciation that Argentina is quite large. You should have realistic expectations of your destinations versus the cost of the holiday.

Inexpensive side trips are going to be limited to the province of Buenos Aires for the amount which you would like to spend.

Have a look at www.plataforma10.com/en-US for bus scheduling and pricing. This is going to be the least expensive way of traveling through the country. Traveling overnight on the bus will allow you to skip paying for a night in a hotel or hostel.

Have a look at www.welcomeargentina.com for destinations close to Buenos Aires.

Have fun with your holiday planning.

Kusadası, Izmir...
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go from BA?

No,this is imposible,there are no cheap flights in Argentina,even to go to Colonia on a day trip for 100 US is hard bcs you have to pay at the official rate,using the slow boats Colonia is possible,but that gives you no time there,or you will get in at weird times.You might be able to go somewhere on a bus for 100 us,RT,but it will be very uncomfortable,unless you go to the places closest to Buenos Aires,those places are not realy worth going to!!! Argentina is indeed a big Place,and the other Places of interest are not close to the capital.

As for neighboring countries apart from Uruguay,that requiers a international ticket,cannot be had at anything like what your talking abouth,at least not flying,and a bus journey takes for ever.Think like Warsaw to,maybe,Madrid on a bus,hardly a day trip!! Sorry.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go from BA?

Just to give you a reference, going to Iguazu falls (1200 km) by bus will cost around USD 90 dollars, and it's a 12 hour ride.

Going to Bariloche (1600 km from Buenos Aires) by bus will cost around USD 120 dollars, and it's a 20 hour ride.

4. Re: Where to go from BA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:16