We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English printed books

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
English printed books

Hi ,

I'm about to head to Buenos Aires and just wanted to know if there are any bookstores that sell English printed books. I'm going to be finishing the book I've brought with me on my South America trip.

Thanks in advance.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English printed books

The Kel Bookstore at Marcelo T. Alvear 1369, near C/ Uruguay only sells English books. They have branches in other parts of the city and nearby Northern suburbs.

Sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English printed books

Thanks heaps for that. I'll keep an eye out for the name :)

Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English printed books

Walrus books is another option, they sell used books in English. It's a cool little bookstore in the neighborhood of San Telmo. The exact address is Estados Unidos 617, between Peru and Chacabuco.

Sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English printed books

Thanks I think I'm near that area.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English printed books

They sell new and used books but Kels is quite expensive so be prepared.

Walrus is not so bad .. Kels books is like a nice bookstore full of new books, Walrus is less new looking but you can still get books and not pay so much.

Depending on how long you are going to be there, we used to make our visitors bring books :)

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English printed books

In Adition tu KEL is also SBS with branches in Palermo, Downtown and Belgrano

7. Re: English printed books

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:16