We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estancia el Puesto

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Estancia el Puesto

I just stumbled on a website for Estancia el Puesto and cannot find any reviews. Anyone know of this place? It looks awesome for us: we're 3 couples and a few kids looking for adventure, food, and wine in the Andes.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
598 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estancia el Puesto

We are heading there October 22nd -- when were you hoping to travel? They seem very accomodating and we are planning on doing some horseback riding near/by the Andes. They also mentioned to bring a swimsuit/shorts to swim in the river that runs by. If you can wait until our return, I will be happy to respond to your question....or provide your e-mail and I will try to contact you while in Argentina.

England
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Estancia el Puesto

I've been there is great!

I did the cross of the Andes, but hey offer other short excursions,

Definitely recommend it

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
598 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estancia el Puesto

We just had 2 nights there and it was great but secluded. The hosts speak some English but are more comfortable in Spanish. Two days of horseback riding, barbeques, great food and relaxation. It is beautiful but low-key although they do have mountain bikes available and fishing. Beats any dude ranch in US, especially if you are a novice like we were and get the opportunity to ride near the mountains and riverside. Do recommend taking their transfer unless you rent a 4 wheel drive vehicle -- ride to Estancia is long with rocky, unpaved roads. Hope this helps!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
195 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Estancia el Puesto

Anyone else have any experience here? It looks interesting. What are the prices like?

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Estancia el Puesto

We were there in November. It was the best. Not cheap, we paid $300 (USD) for 2 people for 1 night incl. food and tours. It is definitely worth every penny if you want to relax, enjoy great hospitality, eat excellent food, prepared by their servants Liz and her son Esteban.

It combines perfectly with a trip to Valle de Uco wineries.

Buenos Aires
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Estancia el Puesto

I have been here in the summer and the winter now - both times absolutely incredible. In the winter wellies and warm socks are needed. It is simple accomodation but stunning. The views are amazing, the food delicious and the hosts and staff kind, welcoming and great fun. I highly recommend it if you want to chill out, walk, ride, eat, drink and be merry.

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Estancia el Puesto

Three amigos from the US stayed at El Puesto in November. Took us a few attempts to actually navigate the rough dirt road up the hill but once we found our way we discovered a very special place indeed. The lodge is a bit rustic but the host and his staff make up for any shortcomings and the food they prepared for us was top drawer. Of course, every meal was accompanied by fine Malbec wine which only enhanced the delicious flavors of Argentine barbeque. The estancia provides horses for rides through the country side which is spectacular. For those who wish to stay behind and just relax there is a beautiful stream with lounge chairs for reading or just reflecting. If you have a few days in Mendoza and want to try something beyond visiting the wineries then Estancia El Puesto should definitely be considered

8. Re: Estancia el Puesto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Province of Mendoza