We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Mendoza from Santiago?

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Mendoza from Santiago?

We are looking into travel to Chile And BA. I just noticed Mendoza is close to Santiago. We are going to Santiago and was not sure the best way or what the costs are to/and from Mendoza from there.

We would love to see the Wine Country. Looks like some Wine Inns around the area. I see where a Sheraton is going into Mendoza for April. I see there is a Park Hyatt (BIG $$$$).

Thanks All

SCA

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
839 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Mendoza from Santiago?

Hi! Santiago de Chile is about 400 kilometres west of Mendoza. The route between both cities is a scenic one, as it crosses the Andes mountain range. There's no matter in driving the distance yourself of taking a bus in April. The real problem is in winter, when the road is usually blocked due to the high amount of snow.

Mendoza is one of Argentina's most beautiful cities. The wine country is located in the area, in places such as San Martín, Maipú and Luján de Cuyo. You can also find other wineries a little souther, close to Tunuyán and San Rafael.

In Mendoza city, you have the Park Hyatt which is a beautiful hotel. You could also consider staying in some lodges along the wine country, which offer packages with accomodation and wine tasting.

2. Re: Getting to Mendoza from Santiago?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 18:22