We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
3 posts
Save Topic
Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

Recently went on a vineyard tour with Trout and Wine - outstanding!

The guide really knew her stuff, the tour was informative, in English and our group was small and intimate - we were only six, which I think was the maximum they would take. Moreover, it was really accessible for non-wine buffs such as myself.

Lunch was amazing and wines were selected to accompany all five courses.

A great day well spent.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

Where did you have lunch...???

Do you have a website to this service...???

Dundas, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

Funny, I just posted about my experience with Trout and Wine as well. They have a website: troutandwine.com

They are fabulous!!

London
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

The website I have for them is:

www.troutandwine.com

or call them on 0054 261 425 5613.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

I did an Andes Mountain Tour with Trout and Wine in Mendoza in January of 08 and it was one of our favorite things we did while in Mendoza.

Our guide, Judith, was excellent...very knowledgeable so we learned a lot and a lot of fun too. Since it's an English speaking tour we were really able to walk away from it having learned something about the area we were seeing.

It was a small group of people from all over the world on our tour so it was fun to meet other people and get tips from them on other places they had traveled.

I'd highly recommend spending a day with Trout and Wine in Mendoza.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

We went on a tour with Trout and Wine just before Christmas. They were excellent and I would recommend them to anyone.

The guide was incredibly knowledgable, the 4 vineyards we went to each showed you something different, the tastings were generous and of the decent wine and the lunch was an AMAZING - a 5 course feast with wines to compliment each dish. Later in the week we went to another vineyard on our own - it was nowhere near as good an experience.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

What's amazing is 4 new posters who've never posted about anything else here before -- who all magically found this thread!

a toast to the wonders that never cease!

London
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

karmalaw - Who ARE you, the Tripadvisor police?!!!! And why bother to rip apart people's comments simply because they're about the same company???

While I appreciate Tripadvisor is probably open to abuse, I did a tour with Trout and Wine last week (NB: and PAID for it!) and I genuinely enjoyed it. I, along with several other people on the tour, said we would do them a favour as they're a relatively new company from what we gathered and post something saying what a great time we had. What IS the issue with that????

First timer on TA, and probably won´t bother again; I had no idea I was setting myself up to be shot down in flames.

Seriously, whoever you are, have you nothing better to do with your time.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

I'm someone who reads the rules here and who contributes to the credibility of the boards (and who sometimes says what other people won't)

While I appreciate that people want to help a company/vendor that they enjoyed.. it's actually far more helpful to put it all in context - -i.e. look at the trip reports other people post here - and look at the people who stick around to answer questions.

Posting for the first time about ONE VENDOR is suspect -- and sad to say - - it happens often enough around here..they either come in to praise otr come in to bash. Some vendors get the great idea of having free advertising via the posts, and then the board has unsolicited posts that reek of advertising.

Starting thread after thread 7 times in 2 days about the same vendor becomes excessive when it eclipses the rest of the posts on the board. It causes people to doubt the integrity of the board. You chose to start a new thread when there were already posts/threads about the vendor. On most boards you would be slammed with "repost, don't you bother to use the search feature" remarks.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

What Karmalaw said.

It happens on every forum and is counter-productive as far as the vendor is concerned. If they have a website, sign their guestbook.

10. Re: Wine Tour with Trout and Wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 18:19