We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats better for lunch - Lagarde or Ruca Malen?

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Whats better for lunch - Lagarde or Ruca Malen?

Hi, we only have day to tour the wineries around Mendoza, according to all the postings Ruca Malen is best for lunch, but our driver is recommending Lagarde.

Any input?

Kahuak Aventura
River Rafting & Tubing, City Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Tours For Tips in Mendoza
Walking Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Mendoza Gostosa Viagens
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Eugene, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats better for lunch - Lagarde or Ruca Malen?

There is no question: La Familia Zuccardi Winery. #HandsDown #UnforgettableExperience

San Francisco
Level Contributor
260 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats better for lunch - Lagarde or Ruca Malen?

We were at the Ruca Malen Bodega for lunch a few weeks ago and although I know nothing of your other option, we really enjoyed the 6 course lunch with wine for each course. Ruca Malen was the first winery to start a dining room, so they know what they're doing. It was our best meal on the trip to that point.

If you get the chance I highly recommend a trip to Belasco de Bocadano to experience their "aroma" room. They have 46 aromas associated with wines (there are hundreds, but they've limited them ) and after you've had a chance to smell them, they serve a rose and ask you to identify what aromas are in the wine. then when you leave the room, they have 4 samples for you to identify, then on to the tasting. It was the most informative, educational wine tour I have ever been on and since I live an hour from Napa and Sonoma counties I've been on very many tours. No other compares to this one.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats better for lunch - Lagarde or Ruca Malen?

I agree, I had lunch at Ruca Malen three days ago and it was a highlight. The food and presentation was creative and very well matched to the wines offered. If you go, try to visit neighbouring Caelum, a new winery with an exciting vibe and some lovely wine and as a bonus they grow excellent pistachios!

4. Re: Whats better for lunch - Lagarde or Ruca Malen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Mendoza
Recent Conversations