We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car plus driver - Miguel Saenz - for days out from Mendoza

Fort William...
1 post
Save Topic
Car plus driver - Miguel Saenz - for days out from Mendoza

We (my wife and I) stayed in Mendoza for 5 nights at the end of January 2011. We went on an organised wine tour which was excellent. After the tour was finished we talked to our driver Miguel, who speaks very good English, and discussed the possibility of other days out. I think his email is j_miguelsanz@hotmail.com .

Together with Miguel we planned two day trips, one to Aconcagua and the other to the Uco Valley. Miguel picked us up from the hotel at 9am and we were off on two action packed days out. We saw all the things we wanted plus much more besides, Miguel suggested places to eat which we really enjoyed. We travelled on tarmac roads and dirt roads all in the comfort of Miguels large air-conditioned car.

Miguel was full of information about where to eat, visit and buy gifts. All the sorts of things that make a stay easier. This is not a cheap option (about 1000 pesos/day all in), it would have been cheaper to have hired a car but we would not have benefited from Miguels company and local knowledge. If you want your money to stay in local hands rather than a multi national car hire company, you don't fancy driving in Mendoza, you are not sure of the best routes or you just fancy being driven about for the day then please use Miguel.

Mentioned in this post
Mendoza
Mendoza
Province of Mendoza, Argentina
Cepas
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Wine Tours & Tastings , Hiking & Camping Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Mendoza Gostosa Viagens
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
new york
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car plus driver - Miguel Saenz - for days out from Mendoza

We just came back from Mendoza and hired Miguel Sanz for two days to take us around to vineyards. He did an amazing job! He got us appointments at top wineries where we were able to go behind the scenes and watch the grapes being crushed, tasted wines still in the fermentation tanks, met wine makers and their families, etc. I can't say enough positive things about his services, his thoroughness, knowledge of the area, his relationships in the wine making community, etc. Everyone seemed to know and like him, wherever we went.

He was unbelievably helpful. He even found us styrofoam boxes to check our cases of wines as baggage to take them back to the US. At the time, the whole city of Mendoza claimed to be out of these cartons but somehow Miguel found them-- and he wouldn't even charge us for them!

His services are a great value and I highly recommend him versus going on a standard wine tour. He's less expensive, it's a more personal experience and he has unbelievable contacts! And he's very charming!

Edited: 26 April 2011, 22:22
Mentioned in this post
Mendoza
Mendoza
Mendoza Argentina
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car plus driver - Miguel Saenz - for days out from Mendoza

Thank you Sue

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car plus driver - Miguel Saenz - for days out from Mendoza

Miguel Sanz was an amazing driver...extremely knowledgeable, extremely nice and courteous, always on time (actually early!). I recommend him as a driver in the Mendoza area. He also has the best price as well.

I will always recommend him to my friends that visit Mendoza!

Mentioned in this post
Mendoza
Mendoza
Los Angeles...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car plus driver - Miguel Saenz - for days out from Mendoza

Miguel Sanz took my wife & I to several wineries over 2 days in April 2012. He is a great communicator, is incredibly knowledgeable, and gave us a really great experience.

He knows the ins & outs of the wineries, but also knows a ton of information about Mendoza in general, which was very helpful for us all the way around.

We both highly recommend him, and would use him again in a heartbeat.

He can be reached at j_miguelsanz@hotmail.com.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Mendoza
Mendoza
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car plus driver - Miguel Saenz - for days out from Mendoza

Please, can you give me just an idea - how much he charge for a day winery trip?

Thanks

6. Re: Car plus driver - Miguel Saenz - for days out from Mendoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 10:16