We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Hotel, Good Wine Tour, Puyehue considered

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
238 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Hotel, Good Wine Tour, Puyehue considered

Folks,

Thinking of going with three folk (two hotel rooms, or two B&B rooms) to Mendoza arriving June 29, 2011 - July 2, 2011. Specific vineyards in mind.

Previously stayed (2006) in a modest hotel on Parque Independencia, and liked the location but not the room.

My questions:

a. Suggested hotels and/or B&B's (lean toward hotels).

b) Suggested tour groups or superior drivers.

c) Great in-town restaurants for the evenings, as I seem to recall Mendoza rolling up the streets fairly early.

d) Insights regarding the behavior of Volcan Puyehue? I would hate to book three tickets from BsAs to find them canceled.

Thanks all,

GFWTRES

california
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Hotel, Good Wine Tour, Puyehue considered

Hi gfwtres!!

I work in Pasadena! Small world to find you hear in the Mendoza forum!

If you don't mind, can you tell me about your Mendoza trip?

Any details you might want to share?

Imaging next year and can't wait!

Although I've already been, I'm taking a friend who has not been and I would like to get ideas on things that might be different thank from my 1st trip!

Thanks!!

Yesi

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
238 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Hotel, Good Wine Tour, Puyehue considered

Small world indeed Yesi!

We've not gone to Mendoza this trip after all, and may not make it. The volcanic ash seems not to be affecting flights these days as it was for many weeks, but travel was difficult and uncertain during that time, and we elected not to proceed.

That said, we had a great time in 2006. We stayed on the main Plaza/Park, which was a nice spot to be. We had a private chauffer for two days, visiting pre-chosen wineries. On the second day we ventured to O. Fornier, one of the vineyards farthest afield.

In 2006 we were also there in Winter, and only for three or four days. Hence, we didn't venture the Andes or mountain sporting events. (I've recently heard that some of the rafting companies don't follow safe practices, and that there was loss of life this Spring.)

You'll have a fine time in Mendoza if wine is your gig! I hope you'll be visiting Buenos Aires as well!

Chau,

George

3. Re: Nice Hotel, Good Wine Tour, Puyehue considered

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 12:17