We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabanas Pacari Tampu

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Cabanas Pacari Tampu

Hi,

I'm thinking about staying here on my upcoming trip to Mendoza...

Has anyone been there and would like to share some comments?

Thanks!

www.pacaritampu.com.ar

Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
130 reviews
from US$135.58*
US$152.63
Piazzolla Tango Show and Dinner in...
75 reviews
from US$48.50*
Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
63 reviews
from US$89.84*
US$102.77
Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabanas Pacari Tampu

I have not been in the property, but have passed it many times. In a high area close to city called Challao, There is a city bus, 114/115, line 3, going there and back every twenty minutes, so little problem with access.

Of course, it is not so green and verdant as it looks in the pictures, we are talking desert here ;)

About 10 minutes walk away are some discos, so will be distant noise in the evenings from Wednesday to Sunday nights.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabanas Pacari Tampu

OK thanks!

I'll report back here after my stay...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabanas Pacari Tampu

We stayed here for 3 nights back in early December.

Property is gorgeous, very well maintained by a friendly groundskeeper (Carlos, I believe)

Our cabin was clean and well equipped. The bathroom needs renovations, but was functional enough for us. Wifi is available around the lobby area. There is a pool and a bbq area.

Staff is available to book tours or excursions in the area. We did the high mountain expedition (alta montaña) which was fantastic.

There isn't much around the property. There is a convenience store nearby though. The cab ride back to Mendoza is about 15 minutes and at a reasonable cost (can't remember...).

Just a note, staff doesn't speak english so be ready to converse solely in Spanish.

Would definitely recommend using this spot as your base to explore Mendoza and surroundings.

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabanas Pacari Tampu

We were so sick there! The water is terrible. We never drank it but we did use it for washing salad and brushing our teeth. AVOID!

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabanas Pacari Tampu

The reason may be that it is in an area away from the city and the water is trucked in to Challao.

Mendoza itself has very clean and hygenic municipal water in the city proper, as does most of Argentina's urban areas.

6. Re: Cabanas Pacari Tampu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 07:17