We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labour Day in Mendoza

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Labour Day in Mendoza

Hello,

We expect to be in Mendoza on May 1, which we know is the Dia del Trabajador holiday.

Is it correct to assume that all wineries will be closed on this day? How about restaurants and other activities? Are there any celebrations or interesting traditions on this day?

Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions.

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labour Day in Mendoza

Hmmm, not really anything interesting here, not like the many festivals at other times.

Most wineries and stores will be closed. Only some restaurants specifically catering to tourists will be open.

It is just a time t have an asado at home with the family

Vancouver
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labour Day in Mendoza

Thank you. We thought this might be the case. We'll just enjoy a day of rest!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labour Day in Mendoza

Hi there! Just wondering if you've heard any more about anything being open on May 1st?

I'm part of a group of 4 and we arrive early May 1st and then leave early May 3rd. Since we only have 2 days, if there's any chance some activities are open May 1st- we'd love to try to do it! By the way, I'm also from Vancouver :)

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labour Day in Mendoza

I'm a refugee from Edmonchuk, but I have lived in Mendoza for many years.

It is REALLY going to be a sleepy day here May 1, most things will be closed. A good day for a guided tour

with one of the tour agencies ... they will probably have the few open wineries arranged.... , a walk or bike around town to the lovely plazas and park (the streets will be very empty), or, if you are on a backpacker budget, a self-tour on the milkrun buses out to Puente del Inca or the Aconcagua park interpretive trail. On May 2, things will be raring up again full blast, so the 1st might be a good day to store up energy for the 2nd..

5. Re: Labour Day in Mendoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 04:15