We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations on getting from Mendoza to Buenos Aires

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations on getting from Mendoza to Buenos Aires

We're in the planning phase of our trip and would like to know what are the options for getting to BA from Mendoza? I've looked at flights, currently running $180USD one way. Flight time is just over 90 minutes.

Would a bus trip from there be worth the time(how long?) to see the country?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations on getting from Mendoza to Buenos Aires

The bus trips usually take place overnight. The area between the two cities is not particularly interesting and can get quite boring.

Andesmar Bus provides very good luxury bus service with bed type seats, videos and meals. The prices on the website are quoted in pesos.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations on getting from Mendoza to Buenos Aires

Ricardo - many thanks. After doing a little more research I think it'll be worth the $$ to fly over due to the time it takes. I've never been able to sleep on a moving vehicle anyway.

3. Re: Recommendations on getting from Mendoza to Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 07:16