We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendoza to Santiago - bus or private car?

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Mendoza to Santiago - bus or private car?

My husband and I are traveling with another couple to Mendoza in November. We were planning on taking the bus over the Andes to Santiago, but I discovered the Malbec Symphony private car transfer. malbecsymphony.com/mendoza-to-santiago-trans… The car will stop at various points on the journey (Aconcagua Provincial Park, the Inca Bridge) to enjoy the scenery, which I think would be really neat, but it costs $550 USD for the journey instead of $150-200 for the bus. We can afford to do the car, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra money that could otherwise be spent on wine or a great dinner.

Do you think it's worth the extra money to be able to enjoy the Andean scenery from outside the vehicle? Or would you stick to the bus and save the money?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendoza to Santiago - bus or private car?

The places mentioned are worth a stop in order to appreciate them better. It is possible to book from either Santiago or Mendoza daytrips which will visit those places but will return to the originating city. After you add the expense of the daytrip plus the cost of the bus then the total cost is nearly as much as the private car.

Since you probably won't be visiting these areas again soon, then the extra few dollars for the car will be rewarding for you.

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendoza to Santiago - bus or private car?

Good evening. Wow, I and my wife have the same dilemma (bus andesmar or Malbec Symphony. We will visit Mendoza this November too.We would like to ask you how is your decision? Thank you so much.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
173 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mendoza to Santiago - bus or private car?

Hi.... can you tell me what you did, car or bus, and how did it work out? We'll be doing it in late February. Thanks!

4. Re: Mendoza to Santiago - bus or private car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 05:15