We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General questions about Iguazi fall

California
Level Contributor
359 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
General questions about Iguazi fall

I am going to visit Iguazu falls on the Argentinian side in November, so here are somw questions:

1. what is the weather in November there?

2.I happen to have a visa for Brasil( still good til next year)- should I check their side too?

3.I do not like to prices of the airline tickets - it is a rip off to pay $320 from Buenos Aires to go to the falls- how do I get that price down? Do they have any sales?I hear the Argentinian airline is better ,but so far I see about 20 dollars difference.

3.Has anyone taken the bus to Iguazu and can you share your experience- it it quite a long ride

4.Is there any special tourist bus that goes from Buenos Aires to Iguazu?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,605 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General questions about Iguazi fall

The weather in November should be in the mid 80's with humidity.

You should definitely plan on spending an afternoon on the Brazilian side since the views are spectacular from that park. Also, there is a bird sanctuary(extra cost) which is quite nice.

Since there are only two airlines(www.lan.com, www.aerolineas.com) flying to the falls then the pricing will depend on supply and demand. Keep checking their websites for any cheaper prices, however generally booking in advance will give you a better price.

The bus takes around 16-17 hours and most are overnight. Have a look at www.omnilineas.com for schedules. The best buses are CAMA/Suite since the seat fully recline,individual videos and include meals. They are quite comfortable.

Many travel agencies in BA offer package deals to Igauzu, but you do not necessarily save on the transportation but may get a better deal on the hotels. Most are double occupancy for the best pricing.

California
Level Contributor
359 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General questions about Iguazi fall

Thanks for the quick response. I will keep checking the prices of the flights- as I said - I find it too much to pay $ 640 for 2 people just to get to Iguazu-then you have hotel , tours.... I do not know why in Argentina they assume that all tourists are rich???!!!

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
422 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General questions about Iguazi fall

If you haven't purchased your air to Argentina yet, you might see if you can get a ticket that includes Iguazu. We used frequent flier miles, and were able to add on Iguazu for only 10,000 miles extra per person.

Boston
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: General questions about Iguazi fall

On the question on whether to go to both sides, I'd say yes. The Argentina side's trails go over the falls so you feel close and get a sense of the power (if it is at full flow), but the Brazil side allows you to step back and see the whole thing with its multiple falls and multiple tiers. Wonderful really. Only a taxi ride between the two side.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: General questions about Iguazi fall

Is there a website for buenos aires where you can see specials to iguazu falls?

Burlingame...
Level Contributor
259 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: General questions about Iguazi fall

I took the bus to Iguazu 2 months ago and I would definitely do it again. It was only $185 RT and those long distance buses are plush! My bus left BA at 7:40 p.m. Dinner was served around 9, each seat has its own TV monitor where you can watch a selection of movies, wine and champagne are served. They provide a pillow and blanket and the seats recline all the way back. Breakfast is served around 8 a.m. and we arrived at Iguazu at noon. I never thought bus travel was so luxurious. But you need to take cama suite or cama ejecutivo to get all those amenities. The 17 hour bus ride went by really fast.

7. Re: General questions about Iguazi fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Iguazu National Park