We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time?

NYC
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Enough time?

We are scheduled to arrive at IGR at 11:55am in early August. Is there enought time to check in at the Sheraton and do the Brazil side of the falls during the afternoon half? Or will there not be enought time due to baggage claim, checkin and border crossing?

We are planning a full day or the Argentina side the following day.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time?

The Brazilian Park closes at 5PM.

When you arrive at the airport then negotiate with the remis car company in luggage area to take you to the Sheraton;drop off your luggage to valet;then have the driver take you to the Brazilian park. With all the travel time then you should be at the park no later than 2PM. This gives you 3 hours for sightseeing which is enough time.

You can either negotiate for the driver to wait for you at the park or you can take a taxi back to the Sheraton after finished sightseeing.

NYC
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time?

I read somewhere else on this foroum that the Brazil side closes at 6pm. Is that true? This will give me an extra hour so I dont have to rush too much.

NYC
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time?

I just realized that the Brazilian side of the falls is one hour behind the Argentina side? I suppose the Brazilian side closes at 5pm but you gain an hour when you cross the border?

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough time?

I have a question hopefully someone will know:

Being a US citizen don't you have to pay the reciprocal fee when entering brazil? Or is there a "waiver" of some sort because you'll just visit the park?

NYC
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Enough time?

As a US citizen you will need a visa to go to the Brazilian side of the falls. There is no waiver for just visitng the park.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enough time?

Thanks mars for the quick response...I was afraid of that... I have to pay the fee in Argentina also (being a US citizen) even though my parents are from Argentina and I lived there many yrs as a child... But I understand the reason behind it ...

One more observation:

I haven't been yet, but I've been told by fMily and friends that the most beautiful side is the Brazil side (being the view from the Argentina side towards brazil) ??

Has that been your findings in any research you've done??

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Enough time?

The Brazilian side provides the most panoramic view of the total falls without the obstruction of San Martin Island.

The Argentine side provides more walkways and up close and personal views of the various areas of the falls.

If you can visit both sides, then you get a complete visit to the falls. If you can just visit the Argentine side, then you won't be disappointed.

8. Re: Enough time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 00:16