We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu Falls tours

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Iguazu Falls tours

Has anyone some tips as how to book the tours around Iguazu.

Planning to arrive 8.55 in Iguazu in November but think all the organised tours start from 9 from the hotels for the day which i will miss as I will get to my hotel late morning.

The following day will not have time to go on the tour as I have flight back to Buenos Aires at 6pm.

Any tips on what to do and how to plan my time are welcome.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

You can signup for a tour when you arrive at the entrace of Iguazu Falls. The tours will continue throughout the day at the park so no worries.

Mentioned in this post
Iguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls
10,941 Reviews
Iguazu National Park, Argentina
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
67 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

Two days is enough to do all the walks (Garganta del Diablo, Lower Circuit, Upper Circuit), plus the Macuco Nature Trail if that sort of thing floats your boat.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

You might want to peruse this Forum and consider walking the trails and taking the wee train by yourself - a Tour is not at all needed in Iguazu Falls, IMO., as everything is well marked and the walks are clearly defined.

Mentioned in this post
Iguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls
10,941 Reviews
Iguazu National Park, Argentina
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
130 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

Just came back from Iguazu. you do not need any tours. When you enter the front gate, you will find a train station which stops at all imp destinations. The frequency is 10-15 mins. You can first stop at the last stop and walk to see the "Garganta del Diablo" and then you can walk the trail down to catch a the boats which take you under the waterfalls and get you wet....awesome experience.

The next day you can do the the lower and Upper trails. They usually ask you to do the Garganta del Diablo trek in the afternoon and the lower trail in the morning...because of the Sun location. Regarding the part when you want to get wet you got to choose. Do not worry you have enough time to see everything. the park and trails are evry organized. Only make sure you enter the park early.

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
859 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

No tour required. Both sides are very easy to get around. Enjoy. N

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

We met Diego Kraidelman at www.discoveriguazufalls.com on the internet. he put together a terrific package for two couples visiting off a cruise ship. Along with our trip to the falls he included a tour of Buenos Aires and Montevideo. We were treated like visiting 'royals" all at a cost way below the ship's shore excursion. He handled a crisis of a necessary change of our plans due to an unexpected change in the ship's itinerary all via Email from the ship even working on the weekend. What a pleasure to work with such a caring efficient agent.

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

Agree, you don't need fixed"tours", unless you want to know specifics about birds & plants. We stayed at Sheraton & just walked out the door & started walking! It was great! However, our pre-planned transportation from IGR (I believe we arrived at Sheraton around 12:00-1:00) happened to be a tour van,( I forget the name , but can check if someone is interested) whose guide, Maria, sold us a tour to the Brazil side a couple hours later. Since we had Brazilian visas in order to go to Rio, we booked the tour. The border crossings are time consuming, but Maria handled it all quite efficiently. The time on the Brazil side was fabulous & we were glad we did it. Then the second day(our full day) we just did our thing & thouroughly enjoyed the Argentine side on our own, LOVED the boat ride & then relaxed at the pool.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

Agree, you don't need fixed"tours", unless you want to know specifics about birds & plants. We stayed at Sheraton & just walked out the door & started walking! It was great! However, our pre-planned transportation from IGR (I believe we arrived at Sheraton around 12:00-1:00) happened to be a tour van,( I forget the name , but can check if someone is interested) whose guide, Maria, sold us a tour to the Brazil side a couple hours later. Since we had Brazilian visas in order to go to Rio, we booked the tour. The border crossings are time consuming, but Maria handled it all quite efficiently. The time on the Brazil side was fabulous & we were glad we did it. Then the second day(our full day) we just did our thing & thouroughly enjoyed the Argentine side on our own, LOVED the boat ride & then relaxed at the pool.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
9. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2012, 13:43
Edited: 26 March 2012, 13:43
Mesa, Arizona...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Iguazu Falls tours

does anyone know if you need to have brazilian visa in order to cross onto the brazilian side of the fall for a day trip, I used to live on the border of paraguay and brazil which is a few miles from the falls and from what I understand they are pretty lax about it as long as you have a passport, but I dont want to find out the hard way if I'm wrong, so if anybody has any experience, that would be helpful.