We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full Moon tour - part 2

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
278 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Full Moon tour - part 2

Didn't want my reply to get overlooked so am posting this separately - will be staying at the Sheraton on June 2, a full moon night, yay! Couple of questions - if we are staying inside the park at the Sheraton, do we even need to take the formal tour to get to the bridges over the falls at night, or can we just walk ourselves as long as we have some flashlights? If we DO need to take the tour to gain access at night, I'm assuming we should probably sign up in advance rather than wait till we arrive on June 1?

Thx!!

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full Moon tour - part 2

Hi Washington!

There should be full moon tours on June 1, 2 and 3 and probably on June 4, 2012. (Other readers, be mindful that these dates apply only in 2012.)

Since you're staying in the Argentine Sheraton, you're already inside the national park and don't need any special measures to get in. The bridges don't close at night. (These bridges are not for access to the park, but are only over the actual falls themselves and out over the Iguasu River to the lip of the grand falls.)

Since it's mid-winter, sunset and moon rise are a bit early. The sun goes down just before 6 p.m. and moon rise on the 4th of June is 6:21 p.m. (It happens before sunset on the preceding days.)

If you were to choose not to be part of a group, there's nothing to stop you from using your own flashlights to organize your own impromptu tour.

Happy travels!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Full Moon tour - part 2

Here is the web site that I found for Full Moon Tour. I sent email to ask about the tour. Where does it take you to and about the transport but I am still awating response. iguazuargentina.com/english/…calendario.html

Let me know how was your experience. We are planning to be there in November 2012, and do the Full Moon walk too.

3. Re: Full Moon tour - part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:15