We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Santiago (SCL) direct into Iguazu (IGR or IGU)?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Fly Santiago (SCL) direct into Iguazu (IGR or IGU)?

I am planning a trip for January 2014 which would see me fly into Santiago around 10am or 11:30am (depending on day of week and airlines) from Australia.

Ideally I wanted to arrive at Iguazu that same day/afternoon/evening.

I know I need to leave significant buffer time between flight connections in South America. I was hoping there might be a direct flight from SCL to IGU or IGR but I can't find any?

It seems my next best/only option is SCL -> AEP, but I can't get to AEP in time for the last flight from AEP -> IGR which looks to be at around 5:30pm.

I know the flight schedules that far ahead aren't fixed yet, and that they will change between now and then, but I am trying to get some idea of what my options are to start planning how many days I have before flying out of Iguazu to Ushuaia for a cruise.

(I've looked at flying SCL to GRU etc but it is a big detour and doesn't get me any closer/faster.)

It looks like I will have to overnight in either Santiago or Buenos Aires as based on my SCL arrival time I can't get to Iguazu that same day (based on available search engine flights)?

(I've tried the LAN web site many times but EVERY time I try to search I get the error "Our system is overloaded at the moment. Please refresh the page and, if the problem persists, restart the process.")

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly Santiago (SCL) direct into Iguazu (IGR or IGU)?

I am not familiar with any direct flights.have a look at www.expedía.com for a better search engine for flights

2. Re: Fly Santiago (SCL) direct into Iguazu (IGR or IGU)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:15