We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Pack -- Iguazu in December

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
32 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
What to Pack -- Iguazu in December

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are visiting Iguazu Falls Dec 03-05.

Seems like I can expect temps between 60-90 F (via Google search). Any recommendations for gear/clothing to pack for this leg of our trip? Was planning for quick-wick items and sturdy shoes.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,

- Katie

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Pack -- Iguazu in December

Hi Pittsburgh!

When we visited in November, we found the temperature hot by day, cooling down to pleasantly mild at night. I have no idea what "quick-wick" items may be, but you'll want hot weather clothing like shorts. With the noon sun directly overhead, you'll want headwear and sunblock. Hotels have pools for swimming.

If you'll be returning to North America when the trip is ended, of course it will be winter, so you'll be dragging along seasonal attire for when you hit cooler temperatures. Your layered sweater and windbreaker will double for nighttime strolls and cold air conditioning. The windbreaker may help if there's a downpour.

Happy travels!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,634 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Pack -- Iguazu in December

Definitely go for the wicking. The humidity really brings out the sweat.

Lightweight and quick dry as the rain can appear from no where in Dec.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to Pack -- Iguazu in December

On the Argentine side, there are great walking trails that are well developed but you will likely get wet from the falls. It's quite warm and humid there...I went in March this year.

Expect to do a lot of walking to really enjoy the park and see the falls from different angles. Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,567 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to Pack -- Iguazu in December

I would add a bathing suit to the list and mosquito repellent is a must.

5. Re: What to Pack -- Iguazu in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Iguazu National Park