We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decisions, decisions - please help me

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Decisions, decisions - please help me

Hi

I have a flight booked into IGR arriving at 11am and I depart from IGU at 15:30pm the following day. I obviously want to see both side of the falls and understand my time is short.

I was thinking so staying at Secret gardens in the AR side, so they will pick me up from the airport, then take me to the hostel, drop my bags off and then I will get a taxi to the AR falls for $5 usd, after I finish I will probably take a bus back to the hostel.

Next morning, I plan to go back to the AR falls if I do not manage to complete on the first day as I understand you can go back for half of the price, I may spend another couple of hours there and then go to Brazil falls before my departure from IGU airport.

Questions are:

does this sound doable or the best way for me to view both sides?

I have been given a quote as to the cost to pick me up from IGR airport but can someone tell me what sort of price it generally costs from a regular airport taxi?

Is there a taxi or someone that will pick me up from the hostel with my luggage the next day, take me to AR falls, then BR falls and wait till they have to drop me off at the IGU airport?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Kelly

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decisions, decisions - please help me

Ps; the secret gardens is not yet booked, but that is what I have come up with as I think it makes sense to stay on the AR side as I need more time there and that is where my incoming flight comes into but if you think otherwise please let me know.

Thanks again

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
276 posts
594 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decisions, decisions - please help me

Tenille, hi, I think that your plan is a bit ambitious, we landed in IGR late one evening, stayed at the Sheraton (which is within the park) paid, ARS 160 by a taxi for that short distance. The town is farther west and a taxi would probably cost as much if not more. We spent the whole 1st day - ie 9 am to 5 pm on the Argentinian side, its big and the Devil's throat itself will take a total of 1 to 2 hours. Mind you the San Martin Island was inaccessible that day and hence we didn't go there.

My suggestion, go straight to the falls from the airport, leave your bags at the lockers (I believe they have them at the entrance to the park, Brazil surely does). See the falls, do all the boating activities here, they're cheaper on the Argi side, then proceed to the hostel at 6pm when the park closes, there are regular buses that go to town for ARS 35. Spend the evening in Argentina, but leave for Brazil the next morning, don't backtrack as the drive is 20 odd mins. Once again, leave your bags at the lockers on the Brazilian park entrance - this should take shorter as the bus drives directly to the Brazilian view of Devil's throat. The airport is 5-10 mins away by bus (the bus departs every 20 or 30 mins, so time it properly) worst case you can get a taxi for BRL 20.

Do write to a pvt msg to me, I'll pass numbers of 2 taxi drivers that I used, reliable & well priced. Enjoy the falls, they're huge.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decisions, decisions - please help me

Hi Traveleator

Thanks for getting back to me. Turns out LAN/TAM had changed there plane schedule so the actual flight that I had booked was cancelled and they put me on an earlier flight to leave 9pm the night before as opposed to 2:30am departure but still arriving in IGR at 11am. So, I decided to try and use this to my advantange and told them that the new flight time was not convenient and i I could pick another time instead, so it turns out that I now have an extra day at the falls as I have decided to loose my last day in Chile and depart Chile at 7:35am to arrive at IGR at 15:15pm

I will arrive at 15:15pm on day 1, day 2 I will see the AR falls and day 3 I will take a taxi to the BR falls with my luggage and then proceed to the airport.

Can I ask if the lockers on the BR side hold a normal size suitcase with carry on luggage, dont mind if I have to hire 2 lockers but really would like to know if my main suitcase would fit.

Thanks very much.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
276 posts
594 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decisions, decisions - please help me

Hi, so you do have more time, yes, the lockers at the Brazilian side can store the largest of suitcases and carry on luggage, if these don't fit into the locker, they do have an option to leave it with the guard manning the locker room and he'll keep it in his safe keeping. So you'll be sorted. Enjoy.

5. Re: Decisions, decisions - please help me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Iguazu National Park