We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu Falls Flooding

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Iguazu Falls Flooding

I'm planning to go to Iguazu Falls on Friday and have been hearing mixed reports about whether it is worthwhile going due to the flooding.

If you have been there since the floods could you please give an update regarding how much is still open.

Thanks very much.

Merlo, Argentina
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

Hi Stella,

waiting for the answer of someone who has been recently there, I share with you the information published on the Argentinian Park official website iguazuargentina.com/el-parque-nacional-iguaz… (I assume they do not lie...): Both lower and upper Iguazu circuits are enabled for public access. Also, the emblematic rides of the park, as the Green trail and the Macuco trail, the boat ride "Great Adventure" and the Jungle Train frequencies already have services available for visitors.

Unfortunately access to Devil's Throat will continue closed for at least a month.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

Thank you Nadia, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
34 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

Hello everyone,

We plan to arrive Iguazu (Argentinian side) around end of this month and wondering whether there will still be some part of the park are restricted due to the flooding.

Anymore updated news on this?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Franky

Merlo, Argentina
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

Hi Franky,

my cousin went to Iguazú last week and now I can confirm the information I provided above (all circuits enabled for public access except for Devil's Throat)

Regarding the Devil's Throat catwalk repair, it's unlikely to be ready before August.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

We went yesterday and it is still amazing to visit even if part of it is closed. I don't know how it usually looks but the volumn of water right now is incredible.

By the way there is a nice trail you can do on the Argentinian side which leads to a small waterfall away from the main area. We saw several troops of monkeys.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

I was there this weekend. The whole Devil's Throat circuit is closed. Some platforms of the circuito superior (upper circuit) are also closed. Looks like both will take some time to be opened as some parts were destroyed by the last flood.

Access to Isla San Martin was closed too.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
34 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

Thanks for everyone to reply.

We are now in Salta and will be in Iguazu after around 4 days.

And we will be visiting Brazil as well.

So, my questions are:-

I understand that now it's 100% that part of the trails in Argentina side is closed. Then is the entrance fee still the same or is it cheaper because of this?

If I just need to pick ONE to go, do you suggest the Argentina side or the Brazil side, considering part of the trails are closed in Argentina?

Thanks so so much for all the replies and happy travel to everyone here.

Best regards

Franky

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

The entry fee is not reduced but you can still see a lot.

We went to the Brazilian side today and it gives a great overview of the falls but the walking trail included in the entry is much smaller.

We enjoyed both sides and due to the flooding the volume of water is just awesome.

Redmond, Washington
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

Hi there, can anyone provide information on transportation and costs to the falls from brazil to the argentina side? did any of you take a bus or did you take a taxi or tour bus from the city? and approximately how much was it? did anyone do the boat tour?

thanks for your help!

Castaic, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iguazu Falls Flooding

I heard that much of Iguazu Falls was closed due to floods in 2013. Is everything now open? I plan to visit in Feb 2015

Get answers to your questions about Iguazu National Park