We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this realistic?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is this realistic?

We land at IGR at 11:55 and leave the following day at 18:00.

Would it be enough to see both sides? I am hoping to see the Brazilian side the first day, then stay over night maybe at the Sheraton and then do the Argentinian side the next day.

If we stay at the Sheraton, can wemwalk in the park after it closes at 5?

I can add another full day but that will cut our stay at BA from 4.5 days to 3.5. 3.5 days in BUE are enough?

Thanks for your ideas.

Also, do we need shots for the yellow fever for just visiting the Brazilian side?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this realistic?

Yes, it's possible to do your program with the allotted time. The Sheraton is a good choice since the walkways for the park are on the Sheraton grounds

The Yellow Fever shot is good for 10 years so if you would be doing more traveling then you have protection for the future.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,388 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this realistic?

Your plan sounds very good to me, too. Iguazzu Falls = spectacular on both sides. And you do NOT want to shorten you time in Buenos Aires.

Getting the Yellow Fever shot is worth while, IMO, and, as Ricardo indicated, offers protection for 10 years. Do Israeli citizens require Visas for the Brazillian entry ? I think not, but do check if that is your passport.

Do not forget mosquito repellent and sunscreen - and be prepared for a WOW ! experience. Have a great time.

~MarnieWDC

Edited: 29 August 2011, 14:27
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this realistic?

Thanks ricardoBA and Marniewdc!

Israelis are not required to get a visa to enter any of the SA countries.

What I still don't understand, do we need to get the shot? We will only visit Brazil to see the falls.

Thanks again!!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this realistic?

Be aware that the walkway to Devil's Throat (on the Argentine side) was damaged in last week's flooding and is closed. At that time the zodiac boat rides were also suspended due to high water. I haven't heard any updates this week and haven't been able to find any updates online.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,388 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this realistic?

It is not required - but it is recommended.

Though I would check with Israeli border requirements for re-entry after visiting Brazil, vis a vis the Yellow Fever inoculation.

~M

Edited: 29 August 2011, 18:09
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this realistic?

Thanks Marniewdc!

Can you please tell me what I see in your photo? Is that a dancing elephant? :)

What is the story behind this photo? Thanks :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this realistic?

Thanks hummingbird51, I missed your post yesterday. I will be there in October and I hope they will restore it by then. Maybe I should shoot an email to the Sheraton hotel and ask what they know.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this realistic?

Ofst - the park closes at 6pm - the staff start rounding people up from 5:45pm - which in October will be just in time for you to travel back up to the Sheraton, order a drink and take it up to the viewing roof being there for sunset (although the sun sets to the back of the hotel away from falls) the colours, the sounds are incredible!

Suerte

Edited: 30 August 2011, 09:30
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this realistic?

Ofst - the park closes at 6pm - the staff start rounding people up from 5:45pm - which in October will be just in time for you travel back up to the Sheraton order a drink and take it up to the viewing roof and be there for sunset (although the sun sets to the back of the hotel away from falls) the colours, the sounds are incredible!

If u get in on time I see no problem with u being in Brazil by 2pm - Ypu may feel different but 3 hours over in Brazil for me was ample! Including the Helicopter ride! This getting you back to Argentina for my suggestion above!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this realistic?

AntTraveller, thank you so much!!! With all the great replies here I now feel more comfortable with the itinerary.

How much was the Helicopter ride and was it worth it?

It is amazing how much these 24 hours are going to cost us :)