We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation and other questions

SanFrancisco
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Transportation and other questions

I will be leaving from Sheraton and going to Boutique Hotel De La Fonte (1 De Mayo Y Corrientes) with luggage after visiting the Argentina side of the fall and have the following questions:

1. Will it be feasible to take the local bus from Sheraton to the hotel with one luggage (21” carry-on) or should I just take a taxi?

2. If I take the bus, what would be a less busy time to take? What street (stop) should I get off? How far is the walk to the hotel from the bus stop?

3. If I take a taxi, do I need to ask Sheraton to call a taxi or there are taxis readily available in front of Sheraton? Approximately how much will be the taxi fare?

4. Is it safe to walk from Hotel De La Fonte to the city center and back at night? How far is the walk (some say ten minutes and some say 20 minutes)?

4. I want to visit the Brazil side next morning by Taxi and then go directly to the Iguazu Airport (IGR) for LAN flight departing 14:05, what time should I leave the park to allow ample time for the departure?

5. Given my departure time, do I have enough time to visit both Brazil Fall and the Bird Park?

6. What is the approximate cost for taxi from Hotel De La Fonte to Brazil side then to IGR?

7. Are there any restaurants open between 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm in the city center of Puerto Iguazu? Any recommendation for a quick bite, tasty but does not has to be fancy.

I

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation and other questions

I would take a taxi with your luggage to the next hotel in Iguazu. The taxi's are readily available in front of the Sheraton so when you are ready to leave then just grab one.

The Brazilian Park including a visit to the bird park take approximately 4 hours. The trip from your hotel to the Brazilian park should take around 40 minutes with the frontier crossing. There are luggage storage facilities at the entrance to the park.

It is around 15min taxi ride to the Brazilian airport from the park.

If you are walking into town after dark then walk with another person.

The taxi rates across the border to the park has been running around 200-250pesos.

No Worries!!

2. Re: Transportation and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:40