We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Iguazu to Florianopolis

North Vancouver...
1 post
Save Topic
Puerto Iguazu to Florianopolis

Hi! We are 2 canadians visiting Puerto Iguazu, we are waiting for our Brazilian visa which should be ready tomorrow. We want to know if it is possible to take a night bus from Puerto Iguazu to Florianopolis? I have heard the the buses dont wait for you to go through immigration? Do we then need to take a bus to P.I., walk across, go through immigration, and then catch a bus to Florianopolis on the Brazilian side? Any advice would be awesome!!

Mentioned in this post
Florianopolis
Florianopolis
State of Santa Catarina
Atlanta
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Iguazu to Florianopolis

I am not sure if there is a bus from Puerto Iguazu to Florianopolis but I know for sure there is a bus from Foz de Iguazu bus terminal to Florianopolis. So you can take the bus from the Argentina side to the Brazil bus terminal ( I believe it is the 120 bus, terminal 7 but double check - 20 minute ride) and it will drop you off at the Foz bus terminal, there you can catch a bus to Florianopolis. The reason I know this is due to the fact that I was there last week and met a Polish back packer who did that exact route and I rode with her to the Foz De Iguazu terminal where she transferred to an overnight bus. I believe the last one leaves at 8:00 PM

Mentioned in this post
Florianopolis
Florianopolis
State of Santa Catarina
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Brazil
Brazil
South America
2. Re: Puerto Iguazu to Florianopolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:41