We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to figure out timing and full moon

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to figure out timing and full moon

We arrive from Boston at 3pm on July 5. I think we might have a chance to visit for the full moon that night if the weather is OK.

Right now, we are only planning to stay 2 nights, so we'd have the night time visit on the 5th and then the full day on the 6th - we depart for Salta at 9am on the 7th.

Is this enough time? We could always stay and do 2 full days, but that will cut into our road trip time in Salta. We do not want to pay to get a Brazil visa for the short amount of time... so we'll only be seeing the Argentina side of the falls..

Before answering: Keep in mind we are well aware of how far we're traveling ! We'd rather not consider the 5th a wash because it's the last day of the full moon in July. Gotta take advantage!

Can someone also suggest the best plan of attack for one entire day at Iguazu?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to figure out timing and full moon

2 Nights should be fine! You will definitely need the full day to explore as the Argentinian side of the Falls are huge! If you are interested in doing an activity in the park such as the boat trip (speed boat!) then I would do that first to ensure that you have enough time to explore the levels in the park and make it to devils throat. You can book any activities in the park through a company called Jungle Explorer. Then I would head to the lower walk way and start there as most people head to Devils throat on the train first! Then from there work your way up to the upper walkway and then get the train (leaves every 20/30 mins) to devils throat where you will have a 20 min walk across the metal walkways to the top. Make sure you leave yourself enough time foe this at the end (at least 2 hours) in case of queues for the train either end. Most tour groups arrive around 10.30 during low season (now) and leave around 17.30. I hope that helps and have fun!

2. Re: Trying to figure out timing and full moon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:42